search
Sign in
  • chevron_right Threads
  • label Forest

It's time to smash The Enemy without Goals

Ingo
17 Sep 2026
chat_bubble_outline 167
  • check_circle
first_page chevron_left
first_page chevron_left
  • link
    Simon
    Squad 8681 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 2:04 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 2:04 p.m.
    link

    Pretty much everyone struggles to break down a well set defence. Man City only beat Cov 1-0 and they are very attuned to pulling defences apart.

  • link
    JRs_Cigarette
    Squad 2989 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 2:09 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 2:09 p.m.
    link

    Agreed, but not really answering my question. I thought (perhaps wrongly) that as a club we wanted to progress to a possession based team as that was, well progress.

    But it seems we still want to play on the break without possession. And without wingers and pace we are doing it worse than before.

    Happy that it takes time for Glasner to get things working his way, but how is his way different/better/progress?

  • link
    JimShady
    Squad 5084 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 2:38 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 2:38 p.m.
    link
    @JRs_Cigarette has written:

    I thought (perhaps wrongly) that as a club we wanted to progress to a possession based team

    I feel that was an Edu thing. But Marinakis has decided he doesn't care now.

  • link
    steve
    Squad 679 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 2:55 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 2:55 p.m.
    link

    This lack of identity/ continuity / roots or whatever we want to call it makes following a club a bit meaningless now. Only real reason to buy in is for the people you go / sit with.

  • link
    tricky
    Board 8865 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 3:40 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 3:40 p.m.
    link
    @steve has written:

    Only real reason to buy in is for the people you go / sit with.

    Mum can't get up the stairs, my partner is allergic to crowds, and my other favourites are dead.

    I'm out.

  • link
    JRs_Cigarette
    Squad 2989 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 3:41 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 3:41 p.m.
    link

    There's definitely a strong argument it would be better to sell on home tickets and just go to away games. We tend to do better, but irrespective it's a better day out with a decent atmosphere.

  • link
    chicago
    Squad 2941 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 4:30 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 4:30 p.m.
    link

    Glasner being the Austrian nazi that he is doesn't like creativity or mavericks. He likes Discipline. That must explain how he has managed to have frozen out Ola straight away. He was excellent at Villa and Cunha was coming back from a hamstring and rusty. Jesus is a way better player and creator than Dan touch me and i will fall over me boy. He has an eye for talent. Obviously Delap looks the part as does Schlager and Munoz but not at the expense of players who have been doing fine. the freezing out of players is mystifying. Was Ola injured? don't think so. Is CHO telling the manager how much he enjoys looking up at the bottom of the patio.

    His tactics are rigid and he changed things at the end in a panic. Obvously VAR is a fucking joke but we aren't heading for Europe. I suspect 13 might be possible but we are nowhere anywhere near as exciting or creative as under Vitor. Why? Because he has his players and that's it.

    The most damning thing is that If the other team matches our tactics by going exactly the same formation we are completely nullified. This will continue to happen until Glasner shows some form of tactical flexibility.

    Boring cunt.

    Chicago: Back off to my padded cell.

  • link
    JimShady
    Squad 5084 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 5:17 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 5:17 p.m.
    link
    @chicago has written:

    he has managed to have frozen out Ola straight away

    One game?

    Psychobel likes this.

    favorite 1

  • link
    Loafer
    Squad 740 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 5:22 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 5:22 p.m.
    link
    @Loafer has written:

    8-1 or I riot

    Friends, I rioted.

  • link
    JimShady
    Squad 5084 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 5:24 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 5:24 p.m.
    link

    We started early yesterday. Think I'd had about 8 pints before KO. Can't recall much of the game.

  • link
    Dave_Rave
    Squad 4915 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 5:32 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 5:32 p.m.
    link
    @JimShady has written:

    Can't recall much of the game.

    After a reasonable amount of post-match drinking thankfully neither can I.

  • link
    chicago
    Squad 2941 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 5:33 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 5:33 p.m.
    link
    @JimShady has written:

    We started early yesterday. Think I'd had about 8 pints before KO. Can't recall much of the game.

    Lucky sod.

    Chicago: Jealous.

  • link
    tricky
    Board 8865 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 5:44 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 5:44 p.m.
    link

    Drink is the way forward. I'm watching the latest turgid match. Modern football is wank. Someone try to score for fucksake!

  • link
    RC
    Squad 1903 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 5:48 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 5:48 p.m.
    link
    @chicago has written:

    he has managed to have frozen out Ola straight away

    It’s Olaf in Frozen mate, not Ola.

    Resident_Alien, crash, BrettWilliams and 2 other users like this.

    favorite 5

  • link
    Dave_Rave
    Squad 4915 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 5:52 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 5:52 p.m.
    link
    @tricky has written:

    Drink is the way forward. I'm watching the latest turgid match. Modern football is wank. Someone try to score for fucksake!

    Ask and ye shall receive.
    Sometimes.

  • link
    tricky
    Board 8865 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 5:52 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 5:52 p.m.
    link
    @tricky has written:

    Someone try to score for fucksake!

    Not actually what I meant, but that's even better.

  • link
    Seven
    Squad 2133 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 5:53 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 5:53 p.m.
    link

    If VAR hadn’t needlessly got involved v Spurs and Coventry we would have 4 more points.

    We also should have beat Liverpool so that’s another 2, and fuck Leeds they were as shit as is a point seemed fair.

    So I’m putting us on on 12 points and joint second.

    But in all seriousness, fine margins and all that.

    JimShady likes this.

    favorite 1

  • link
    Russ
    Squad 8078 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 6:12 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 6:12 p.m.
    link
    @tricky has written:

    Drink is the way forward. I'm watching the latest turgid match. Modern football is wank. Someone try to score for fucksake!

    I may be slightly misremembering the stat, but wasn't the first weekend of this season the highest or second highest scoring opening weekend since the Premier League started?

  • link
    Mangetout
    Squad 3155 posts
    20 Sep 2026, 6:26 p.m. 20 Sep 2026, 6:26 p.m.
    link
    @chicago has written:

    Dan touch me

    I have pretty much lost patience with Ndoubt. He's got no Forest pedigree of attitude, touch, or effectiveness, so that I can handwave what he's like. Maybe Callum's not using instruction well, but I'd like to see if he could do something with number 10.

first_page chevron_left
arrow_upward Go to top
  • Return to Home
  • Turnstile
  • Turdle
  • Talkdash
  • Terms of service
The Daily Cut and Thrust at trentend.uk powered by misago