Ok I've started watching Clarksons Farm. It's quite good. The dry stone wall guy, Gerald (?), is hilarious. Can't understand a word he's saying.
Ok I've started watching Clarksons Farm. It's quite good. The dry stone wall guy, Gerald (?), is hilarious. Can't understand a word he's saying.
Just finished Colin From Accounts. V good. 3rd season is the best yet.
Also recommend Alice and Steve.
Really nice TV isn't it. I enjoyed it.
Finished The Gentlemen. Guy Ritchie likes the first two Godfather films, doesn't he?
We initially liked that show but there was an episode for her Birthday where all her mates were cunts and we lost interest.
Still watching Ted Lasso. This series is better than the last one but it’s still pretty bad. If you are making the episodes of your comedy series 45 minutes long, they have to have some supporting structure. The whole thing drifts along giving bits out to all of the, so many, characters. The supposed through line - can this women’s team establish themselves in the shadow of the men’s team, is barely addressed from one episode to the next.
Brett Goldstein and Beard are clearly just there because they are writers but won’t do it for writer’s money. Tracey Ullman is great but the character serves no purpose - seems like she’s being set up for a heel turn but the only nefarious motive for getting involved in low level women’s football doesn’t apply (and they wouldn’t go there).
I haven’t watched the latest episode. The one before that was so wildly uneven that I nearly bailed a few minutes in and then had that bit with Jamie and Roy which redeemed it. Then Roy’s too long by half scene with the doctor. Not sure I can be arsed to continue.
And agreed on the Tracy Ullman character, I don’t really get where this is going.
This whole thing sounds like a textbook example of why I gave up watching telly.
Then Roy’s too long by half scene with the doctor.
You know how they did the thing where Keeley overhears Roy, under the influence, saying “I love you … Keeley” to the doctor. But she walks off before the last word, so thinks he’s saying it to the doctor. Guess what the result of that was? The doctor splits up with Roy, of course, but you’d expect Keeley to give up on Roy and start seeing someone else, right? Nope, not at all. No indication that she heard it at all.
This whole thing sounds like a textbook example of why I gave up watching telly.
You do you. But there are many fine tv programmes that aren't trying to get by on retained affection for the characters from three series ago.
There's very few good ones that don't get there in the end. I don't fancy my odds, and the sunk cost.
I remember my great-grandma used to sit and look out of the window, rather than watch the telly. Unless world of sport was on. It might be genetic.
There's a lesbian couple who live opposite me who like walking around naked with the lights on and blinds open most evenings. Great-grandma was onto something.
There's a lesbian couple who live opposite me who like walking around naked with the lights on and blinds open most evenings. Great-grandma was onto something.
Jim is furiously googling* flights, I’d imagine.
*I’ve tried to use the most euphemistic phrase (admittedly, nicked from 30 Rock) I can, you understand.
There's a lesbian couple who live opposite me who like walking around naked with the lights on and blinds open most evenings. Great-grandma was onto something.
“Do you think that British guy opposite us works away a lot? He always has all of his lights off and curtains left open.”
'I think the guy opposite us is a scout for Southampton...'
Binged my way through S2 of The Pitt. It's as brilliant as the first season, they very wisely didn't try and repeat the high adrenaline story arc of the first (although it has lots of incredibly tense events) but they do an even better job of dealing head on with current issues without being preachy. The characters are superbly written and acted, with none of the schmaltz or soap opera that medical dramas all seem to end up being afflicted with. Top notch telly.