Maatsen got kicked out of the game ... by McAtee.
Maatsen got kicked out of the game ... by McAtee.
Who overall has been excellent. Again.
Jesus!
FUCKING GET IN!
“Turgid affair”
Me.
Brilliant.
Get in! Create that many chances in the space of 5 mins, it’s good to see us take one. Nice finish from Jesus.
Two key involvements from MGW, who again is not in the conversation as the best forest player on the pitch. Whilst being the best player.
Probably because he’s our best player by some distance, so he’s held to a higher standard.
MGW, Schlager, McAtee, Munoz, Sels and Delap all excellent overall. Murillo also grew into the game. 3 mins to hold on.
I'm trying not to be optimistic but I can't help it
2-1 to the East Midlands best, and Liam Delap opens his account.
This has come to pass.
22 shots?
Think the stats thingy is broekn...
I did say that I wouldn't be making my mind up on Galsner for at least five games, given the likely re-structure and notoriously slow starts. But I'm going to go early - we are solid enough to be okay this season.
This is a great result, especially given the centre back changes we had to make. Now we are sitting in 11th with the next couple of games looking very winnable. Delap and Munoz have settled in fast, the McAtee experiment continues to look like it is working (special points today for taking Maatsen out of the game and getting them down to 10). We have a manager who is bowling me over with his quiet confidence, single mindedness, intellect, tactical sophistication and attention to detail. The inexplicable early doubters can take out their pencils and swivel, they will not be doubters for much longer.
Loaning out both Morato and Abbott looks iffy though.
What a second half performance. That Delap goal was a bit SVC wasn't it?
I'd certainly rather him than £65m Jackson (who could well have seena straight red in the first half).
Some stats from today:
Distance covered:
Delap 10.5km
Jackson 5km
Distance running:
Delap 1.61km
Jackson 0.49km
Sprints:
Delap 15
Jackson 8
Defensive contributions:
Delap 2
Jackson 0
I could have moved around more than Jackson did. Glad we got the one we got.