• 31 Aug 2026, 1 a.m.

    Me and Tash went. She knows some of his stuff.

    He's married to Rhianna (with three kids) if that helps.

    As Riss said he's got some good tunes. The energy from the kids in the standing area was impressive.

  • 6 Sep 2026, 3:18 p.m.

    Yesterday was Psych Fest in Manchester. Always a fantastic day. So many clashes of bands you'd really want to. Ty Segall was on one of the main stages but was watching Holy Wave who were superb Texas psyche rock. Model/Actriz a delightful mashing together of bleak angular riffs and beats with camp vogueing. Mandy Indiana stepped up from playing a 300 capacity room to packing the Ritz and were utterly compelling. The one act id only found by checking through the line up was Ghostwoman. Liked their tunes and so took a punt. Fucking amazing. Some serious heads in the place getting utterly blown away. Deep swampy guitar riff layers and straight down drums keeping it together. Effortless and nonchalant. Something of The Gun Club about them. Roll up a couple and go and see them.
    youtu.be/w4FLVFPY2Nw?is=xruYiFhOwwV3xkdn

  • 6 Sep 2026, 3:52 p.m.

    And they play Bodega on the 9th. Tempted to drive over.

  • 6 Sep 2026, 4:28 p.m.

    In more mainstream news an on way to Wembley to see Bon Jovi. Have a head cold that has developed so frankly be better on the sofa at home, but am heroically soldiering on!

  • 6 Sep 2026, 4:30 p.m.

    Are you half way there yet?

  • 6 Sep 2026, 4:39 p.m.

    Bad Medicine?

  • 6 Sep 2026, 5:20 p.m.

    I used to Hate Bon Jovi when they were in their pomp. I don't hate them now. I am guessing that I am probably getting close to death and have made peace with the fact that nothing in the world is perfect.

    Or I have softened and realised that music can be perfectly harmless and it's not going to kill me. Probably the former.

    Chicago: Still trying to get over Twisted Sister with Sebastian Bach.

  • 16 Sep 2026, 4:21 a.m.

    Saw Robyn tonight, the Swedish electropop singer. I got back from a very heavy weekend in Nashville around 1am this morning and then had to go speak on a panel at a conference today so I was looking for any excuse not to go out tonight, but I sucked it up and it's probably the best show I've seen this year. She was absolutely brilliant.

    Her support, Grace Ives, is also well worth checking out. Strong Kate Bush vibes.

  • 16 Sep 2026, 4:51 a.m.

    Ed Sheeran seems like a pretty likeable fella and I feel like he's mostly guilty of being a bit naive and weak rather than being an actual bad guy, but seeing so many people like Aaron Rowe and Myles Smith step away from hugely lucrative and important support slots in favour of taking a side and putting principles over money is very gratifying. I already knew and liked Myles but I hope it expands awareness of him over here (I think he's already pretty big in the UK), and Aaron Rowe seems to be getting a lot of profile boosting as well.

  • 16 Sep 2026, 6:38 a.m.

    I'm not following any of it at all, but it is interesting you describe them as putting principles over money and then describe how their profiles are rising because of the decision, which will presumably make them more money.

  • 16 Sep 2026, 7:39 a.m.

    I think it’s impossible to say which option makes the most money. What they are doing is putting principles above ‘staying quiet so nobody gets mad at me’ which counts for a bunch these days.. especially in the US.

    Seems like Ed Sheeran didn’t make the bad call… but he also didn’t tell Corporate to fuck off when they tried to dictate who can be his support. And that’s a choice. He’s not someone known for ever doing anything more than half an inch from the middle of the road though, right?

  • 16 Sep 2026, 9:20 a.m.

    I think there's an interesting back story, that is largely being missed.

    "Global influencers" are surely those with control of outlets and the media, who are suppressing ordinary people promoting human rights in a public forum?

    It's hard to blame individuals who have worked their way up, and want the cash grab. After all, that's how the established order* works. Uncle Toming the minority that climb the greasy pole and have a profile.

    * By order, I mean money, that leverages it's influence to gaslight you into doing things contrary to your interests, and complimentary to theirs.

  • 16 Sep 2026, 10:46 a.m.

    Robert Kraft not doing anything to discourage those Mossad/Epstein rumours.
    If a cartoon villain like that is threatening you without merit, then the only thing to do is tell him to stuff it.

  • 16 Sep 2026, 12:27 p.m.

    But ..."15 years old and smoking hand-rolled cigarettes, running from the law through the backfields snd getting drunk with my friends...," it says here.

    Course ya did Ed.

  • 16 Sep 2026, 1:49 p.m.

    Now then, don't be too hasty. He grew up on the mean streets of Framlingham, don't forget.

  • 27 Sep 2026, 6:32 a.m.

    I love electronic music but it doesn't lend itself to live performance particularly. Or so I thought until I saw Sofi Tukker live tonight.

    An incredible spectacle.