It gets better - today's 24 shots was the 2nd most we've achieved in a PL game since coming back up.
The 1st? Why, the 35 shots in last season's 0-0 v Wolves. Which saw the end of Dyche.
What in earth is the matter with everyone, are you trolling each other...?
I can't understand how anybody who watched the Villa game (or Liverpool or Spurs for that matter) or who has actually listened to the noise coming of Glasner's head can think are remotely in a situation like we were under Ange.
We're 12th, above teams like Man U, Villa, Spurs, Fulham. Losing to the bottom of the table team managed by Frank Vankhard is not good and we need to improve at home but there isn't anything to justify a view at this stage that Glasner is a stupid appointment. The only thing that will undo him are entitled delusions of grandeur impatience.
Today for 98% of the game our back three looked solid and we created a bunch of opportunities, especially in the second half. We didnt deserve to lose. I have had enough with Ndoye though and I am sad CHO isn't getting an opportunity, but if not CHO alongside MGW it should be Igor Jesus. There are a bunch of reasons though to be optimistic about what is being built. A bunch. A bunch I tell ye.
It seems to be that German coaches have funny ideas about who are the best players, and how they are going to get them playing. Which is fine, but they can fuck the fuck off out of breaking the sort of football that I like (See also the Dutch, and the Spanish, and the..).
Anyway, Five games in to my self-imposed moratorium on ultimately deciding on Glasner, I think that we are doing okay. Beating vanilla was good, in a couple of the other games we would have had more points were it not for shit officiating, and though today was fucking abysmal, these things can happen in football.
I think there are signs that we are getting what he's trying to do, and I think we will come on stronger. Changing to a different style is often a clusterfuck. If Ange was a wild swing and hope for the best, this is more a structured throttle the game and get better at playing under those circumstances. I wouldn't be surprised if it went on to be quite successful.
Ok I’ll bite what’s fraudulent, - I appreciate that you love for him is as great as my love of Bassett - but not having watched today I’m not sure how you can claim a manager is a fraudulent, unless you were involved in the negotiations he had with Marinakis.
As others have mentioned our home form has been shocking for 2 years now, unless your blaming him for that as well?
And your venting is somewhat comedic given you mentioned the other day that you had no in interest in the premier league at the moment.
I’m sorry but I just can be bothered to get this upset about a manager, Vitor was not the answer, ask Spurs fans about keeping De Zerto and how that’s working out, to say Glasner has to go after 6 league games is frankly bonkers - I think your years of Jets fandom has gotten to you….
Attacking wise it really was. 20+ shots, 3 on target. 2 from outside the box that were easy saves. Optimistic shots from outside the box / through crowds of players. Optimistic crossing and hoping. Same standard of set pieces. Reminded me every bit of Sunderland / Brighton / Everton / Wolves at home last season.
Except Coventry are worse than the first 3 of those.
Plus largely failing to play out from the back and 'going long', hoping that Delap would win the header and hoping that someone would pick up the 2nd ball. Which didn't really happen.
The only thing missing was inverted wingers / inside forwards cutting inside onto their weaker foot a la CHO and Hutchinson. And then Netz came on. And didn't go wide. And cut inside every time.
Immensely frustrating evening. One home win in 2026 is a huge concern. Defensively, we are ok but going forward is painful. No idea why CHO didn't get a few mins today. Not buying another midfielder in the summer could well be a fuck up.
Not when I didn't want him to start with it isn't.
There's a reason he spent all summer tarting himself around Europe and getting repeatedly turned down. I'm increasingly convinced that Marinakis's only real motivation for hiring him was because he thought it would be the ultimate revenge on Palace.
He's won the Europa League, FA Cup, Conference League all at very average to poor clubs, playing tactically disciplined and defensively robust, but explosive, direct football.