• 22 Aug 2024, 11:53 a.m.

This is all fine from ForestCorp's PoV, although it's not Sevens fault if they have under-resourced CS. Maybe for the amount of money invested in the club over a prolonged period he should be able to expect a better standard of service.

• 22 Aug 2024, 12:49 p.m.

FWIW the eventual response did come from the fan engagement manager so it must have gone up from the initial admin.

And he didn’t give a fuck, which is fine it’s just a job. I’m sure he gives more a fuck when wheeling out the ‘worthy’ causes for the photo ops as he can put it on his CV for when he tries to move on to bigger and better things.

Goodwill works both ways, it’s a shame these clubs don’t remember that.

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:01 p.m.

By your own admission this was a last minute change on your end. I don't know a business, large or small, that allows last minute changes. Hotels, airlines, spas, salons, dentists, the lot - you call last minute to cancel a booking and they will at the very least charge an admin fee to rebook, and most of the time you're just out the cost. I don't know why a multi million pound football club is supposed to be different.

Being pissed off because they won't accommodate your personal life is a weird take.

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:05 p.m.

But 50 years ago you could stand on the edge of the pitch whenever you wanted Russ.

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:06 p.m.

Yeah people. Just recognise that you are just a customer, of just another business, there to just rinse you.

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:20 p.m.

Someone start a Southampton thread for fuck's sake.

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:20 p.m.

All right, try it another way. If you wake up on Saturday morning and decide you can't make it to the match, do you think you should be able to send the club an email and ask them to transfer your tickets to an unspecified game in the future?

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:24 p.m.

No. Nor do I expect them to just change the match day, invalidating my travel arrangements, or making it impossible for me to attend, so that they can maximise their revenue stream elsewhere at my expense.

But we are where we are.

It doesn't mean that I have to just swallow it, and pretend to myself that being systematically beaten doesn't do me any harm. I am allowed to have an opinion on it. For now, at least.

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:26 p.m.

It’s definitely a bit shitty but not altogether surprising. I think not responding to the email on the day is crap.

Seven: I hope three pages of the talkback equivalent of “You okay, hun?” Make you feel a bit better.

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:30 p.m.

That's not strictly true is it? Any business will bend over for it's most valued customers, and the frequency with which it is prepared to bend over shapes it's reputation.

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:43 p.m.

In fairness to Russ, it only counts as a business, to him, if its a faceless global multinational without a conscience. The 'man' sticking it to us regular stiffs.

You're just a mom and pop shop.

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:45 p.m.

If only you lot were watching the right sitcoms fifty years ago, you would understand why that is no longer allowed:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjesDNw600Y

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:46 p.m.

Ok, sure. If you have elite status with the airline or the hotel chain then you'll get your rebook no problem. Likewise if you've had a pedi at the same salon every two weeks for as long as anyone can remember.

So how valued is Seven? Has he been a STH for the last three decades? Or is he an occasional ticket purchaser of little reliable value? Seems to me like he isn't one of their "most valued customers".

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:47 p.m.

No, not at all. But the situations aren’t remotely the same.

I’ve had to cancel a haircut at short notice before. The policy is tough shit and you lose your money. But guess what, the owner was accommodating and kindly moved my booking. It’s almost like I was treated as a valuable customer.

• 22 Aug 2024, 1:50 p.m.

It’s been classic talkback. Some agreeing, some corporate types sticking the boot in and a smattering of comedians. Never change talkback, never change.