Depends how good the team was in the first place...
(I actually think for us it was OK and so settled is a positive)
Depends how good the team was in the first place...
(I actually think for us it was OK and so settled is a positive)
I'm actually quite pleased they kept him. Clubs should have locally reared players and with Liverpool lacking a Scouser for the first time in their history, Everton are right to keep theirs. Of course, it's all grey because Everton are not well run and will probably ruin him and it seems their fans still want to riot even after keeping him, but if I block that out and squint my eyes a bit I can pretend it's good for the game that he wasn't poached. Small, albeit largely meaningless, wins are nice once in a while.
I believe that Armstrong scored a hat-trick against us in the youth cup a couple of years ago, at which time Dyche was the senior manager and picked him for some senior games, so that may have been where our interest stemmed from and embedded itself.
I hadn't, no. But then I watched some videos and read about him, and thought this guy looks good. So was then annoyed we didn't get him.
Tyler Bindon starts for Charlton at West Brom. Home side one-up with half an hour to go.
The Guardian Reviews the Transfer Window
I think someone has been reading these pages.
That whole article was quite entertaining but you're right that it absolutely could have been written by tricky, and at various points has been over the last 12 months. In fact, I refuse to believe that he didn't write the line about Caleb Yirenkyi.
I still can't quite get over the Mykhailo Mudryk loan to Spuz, with a buy clause at 75M. If we overpaid for Delap (and I really am not convinced we did), then what on Earth is that number?
Bergvall signs a new contract at Spurs.
"Forest have agreed a deal to sign Shamrock Rovers striker Michael Noonan on a free transfer in January. Medical set for Wednesday.
Noonan became the youngest goalscorer in UEFA Conf League history at the age of 16 years & 197 days in Feb last year, and also starred at the U17s World Cup with the Republic of Ireland.
Forest will pay training compensation and have secured his signing ahead of Ajax & Benfica. Part of a wider club plan to recruit more young talent for the academy"
says Percy..
From wiki:
He is the son of former League of Ireland player Andrew Noonan who in May 2025 was given a 13 and a half year prison sentence for possessing €2.77 million worth of heroin in 2020.
Henderson signs a contract extension at Palace. So whatever that nonsense at the end of the transfer window was about, he ain’t coming here soon.
He’ll fit right in.
Sounds like his agent played a blinder to me.
Tottenham remain interested in England and Nottingham Forest midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White, having previously tried to sign the 26-year-old in summer 2025, but Forest have no intention of selling. (Teamtalk)
AC Milan's option to turn 22-year-old English forward Omari Hutchinson's loan move from Nottingham Forest into a permanent switch is close to 50m euros (£42.8m). (Calciomercato - in Italian)
More the January transfer window, but...
Tottenham Hotspur have set their sights on a possible £125m January move for Nottingham Forest star Morgan Gibbs-White, 26, after nearly signing the England international during the 2025 summer transfer window. (Football Insider)
We shouldn't be worried. They are even worse than us..
Chicago: Looking for that sliver of light.