search
Sign in
  • chevron_right Threads
  • label Discuss
  • label mundane

Mundane travel thread

Russ
23 Jun 2023
chat_bubble_outline 519
first_page chevron_left
chevron_right last_page
first_page chevron_left
chevron_right last_page
  • link
    Lessred
    Squad 2551 posts
    3 Sep 2026, 3:59 p.m. 3 Sep 2026, 3:59 p.m.
    link

    What have you gone for?

  • link
    JimShady
    Squad 5075 posts
    3 Sep 2026, 4:43 p.m. 3 Sep 2026, 4:43 p.m.
    link

    The cheapest one available - Citroen E-C3 Aircross. It's bigger than I wanted but it would have been £100 more a month to get something smaller !

  • link
    tricky
    Board 8834 posts
    3 Sep 2026, 5:13 p.m. 3 Sep 2026, 5:13 p.m.
    link

    They presumably want to incentivse maximising the use of heavy metals and landfill, along with the dead battery mountain, to keep fossil fuel usage as the only really viable option.

  • link
    JRs_Cigarette
    Squad 2979 posts
    3 Sep 2026, 8:43 p.m. 3 Sep 2026, 8:43 p.m.
    link
    @JimShady has written:

    The cheapest one available - Citroen E-C3 Aircross. It's bigger than I wanted but it would have been £100 more a month to get something smaller !

    Smaller but perhaps not a Citroen?

  • link
    Charlie
    Squad 2397 posts
    3 Sep 2026, 8:55 p.m. 3 Sep 2026, 8:55 p.m.
    link

    I’m going to miss Jim’s adventures on the rail network.

  • link
    Russ
    Squad 8067 posts
    3 Sep 2026, 8:56 p.m. 3 Sep 2026, 8:56 p.m.
    link

    You don't think that Jim behind the wheel has scope for countless adventures? Granted I'm not having to share the roads with him so I don't have the side helping of terror you probably do.

  • link
    JimShady
    Squad 5075 posts
    3 Sep 2026, 9:23 p.m. 3 Sep 2026, 9:23 p.m.
    link
    @Charlie has written:

    I’m going to miss Jim’s adventures on the rail network.

    Oh don't worry, I'll still be doing a lot of rail. No way am I driving to London for work, or to Nottm for Forest games.

  • link
    Resident_Alien
    Squad 942 posts
    3 Sep 2026, 11:50 p.m. 3 Sep 2026, 11:50 p.m.
    link
    @Simon has written:

    There should be a word for the experience of being on a train that's currently expected to arrive 3 minutes before the time that will trigger a refund and hoping for that extra bit of delay.

    Using The Meaning of Liff as a guide, we’ll need to know the stops on the journey. Particularly the one you were hoping to be late for. Especially if that or any others sound faintly amusing in the context of your definition.

  • link
    Russ
    Squad 8067 posts
    11 Sep 2026, 10:03 p.m. 11 Sep 2026, 10:03 p.m.
    link

    Toronto to Nashville this evening via Chicago. Flight out of Toronto is delayed due to a customs system problem preventing them letting passengers off the plane we're supposed to be getting onto, meaning we're probably going to miss our connection and will be spending the night in Chicago.

    May have to make @chicago come drinking with us.

  • link
    Russ
    Squad 8067 posts
    12 Sep 2026, 1:33 a.m. 12 Sep 2026, 1:33 a.m.
    link

    Update: made our connection with enough time for a cheeky whiskey in the bar.

    Psychobel likes this.

    favorite 1

  • link
    Russ
    Squad 8067 posts
    13 Sep 2026, 6:20 a.m. 13 Sep 2026, 6:20 a.m.
    link

    I don't have words to describe how much I hate Nashville. It's by some distance the most classless and unpleasant city I've ever been to. It's like a more expensive and cynical Blackpool, with less charm or class. And I've been to Blackpool multiple times and I know exactly how much charm and class Blackpool has.

  • link
    RC
    Squad 1898 posts
    13 Sep 2026, 9:48 p.m. 13 Sep 2026, 9:48 p.m.
    link

    Have you been to Blackpool recently? Because it was even worse than I remembered when I went there about 10 years ago. I haven’t been back since.

    Nashville can’t be that bad, Shirley.

    Blackpool was toothless smackheads brawling in the street bad. Not just shitty seaside vibe bad.

  • link
    JimShady
    Squad 5075 posts
    13 Sep 2026, 9:52 p.m. 13 Sep 2026, 9:52 p.m.
    link

    Yeah I thought that. Blackpool really is fucking awful.

  • link
    RC
    Squad 1898 posts
    13 Sep 2026, 9:56 p.m. 13 Sep 2026, 9:56 p.m.
    link

    Didn’t Surridge end up in Nashville?

  • link
    Russ
    Squad 8067 posts
    13 Sep 2026, 9:57 p.m. 13 Sep 2026, 9:57 p.m.
    link
    @RC has written:

    Didn’t Surridge end up in Nashville?

    He did and he's doing really well here. I'm pretty sure he doesn't go drinking on Broadway though.

  • link
    BrettWilliams
    Squad 3159 posts
    13 Sep 2026, 10:03 p.m. 13 Sep 2026, 10:03 p.m.
    link

    I'm presuming this is a business trip then, rather than a holiday? Otherwise, why would you be in Nashville drinking if it's a shithole akin to Blackpool (which I concur is a dreadful place to be out boozing unless you like fighting)?

first_page chevron_left
chevron_right last_page
arrow_upward Go to top
  • Return to Home
  • Turnstile
  • Turdle
  • Talkdash
  • Terms of service
The Daily Cut and Thrust at trentend.uk powered by misago