I've heard of a shotgun wedding but not a breakfast wedding.
Presumably the evening do starts at noon?
I've heard of a shotgun wedding but not a breakfast wedding.
Presumably the evening do starts at noon?
It's literally called a wedding breakfast
So it is.
I've not been to one for years.
Still seems awfully early. I'm not sure I've ever been to a morning wedding.
I ordered FTTP as an upgrade to my existing FTTC connection and was given an installation date of August 28th. Openreach turned up on August 28th and told me there is no fibre at the pole that connects my house and they couldn't go ahead with the installation until more work had been done. I spoke to Sky (new provider) and they said they would delay my start date. I emailed my local MP expressing concerns that Openreach are claiming properties are ready to be connected to fibre when they are not. My local MP got a complaint opened with Openreach for me. Sky contacted me and told me I would be receiving £6.46/day compensation for the delayed connection.
So here we are, over a month later. Openreach were supposed to turn up today not to connect me, but to carry out some additional "build work" that is required. They didn't come. My neighbour has been given an install date of October 31st. My compensation (confirmed on the phone again today by Sky) currently stands at over £200. If we get to October 31st it will be over £400, which will cover my Sky broadband bill for about 75% of the two year contract.
Meanwhile, I'm sat here struggling by with my 80Mbps connection which is perfectly adequate for all my needs, but I cannot renew due to a stop sell notice on FTTC in my area.
I had FTTP in Thailand over a decade ago. I went to the shop, an engineer followed me home and connected me the same day. And my bill was less than £10/month. Britain is utterly fucked.
I had an email this morning telling me I was unsuccessful in the ballot for 2027 England tickets at Trent Bridge.
This could be annoying, I suppose, but I only really have a passing interest and I had no idea I'd even entered. (Insert Loafe's mum joke here, if you must).
Having something of a Withnail weekend away at a fairly isolated cottage with a chum in North Yorkshire. We have stupid amounts of meat for the bbq. Loads of wine and enough pharmaceuticals to stop a charging Rhino. Hes pushing 70 so when we do get to the shops, i keep referring to him as Daddy.
Hope he lubes for you.
Does he weep in butcher’s shops?
What's the Mancunian equivalent of the Camberwell carrot?
The Stockport Turnip?
The Marple Marrow?
The Ancoats Avocado?
Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to come up with something apposite.
Having re-read your post I see you are in Yorkshire. I still think you should stick with Mancunian derivations.