• 4 Jul 2024, 3:04 p.m.

I'm not sure how much confidence I have in Labour being serious after this profoundly unserious campaign. And I realise needs must but it's grim how the whole election has been based on smears, lies and platitudes and 90% of the coverage (that I've seen anyway) is about polling.

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:16 p.m.

They've given the massed ranks against them absolutely nothing to get their teeth into, while setting traps a plenty for their competitors. They could be banging on about the 500 excess deaths a week attributable to tory cuts, the shit in your rivers, the ravaged criminal justice system, the absence of affordable housing, the rocketing cost of essential services and even food......but they know that they need to proceed with care, and not scare the horses. When the country is going down for the third time, it's not the moment to bang on about your bronze medalion, and how there used to be life guards. You have to be prepared to get wet. On that basis I think that labour have been entirely serious. Very impressive.

What's the most scandalous labour smear and lie? (I don't exactly pour over mainstream coverage, but I'm going to bet I can source you ten worse from 'the other side' for every one you can come up with.)

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:18 p.m.

He must be out leaflet dropping for the Tories

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:29 p.m.

Can't a fascist enjoy the last few hours of Rome in peace? I'm voting later, drunk, so your guess is as good as mine.

I look forward to the forthcoming utopia. If they could not fuck about with SME corporation tax I'd be much obliged.

Now, if you'll forgive me I'm off to Wetherspoons.

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:30 p.m.

I'm in one of the very few areas with an incumbent Lib Dem and its almost certainly going to stay that way.

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:34 p.m.

Misread this as voting lager, which is a policy I could get behind.

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:34 p.m.

Every fucking one of them must be, judging by the sheer volume of unnecessary lying propaganda bollocks they keep dumping on me. It would have been less effort for the sitting MP to reply to the issues of her constituents during the previous term. Like she's actually paid to do, and gets expenses for. Then right now wouldn't be the first time that many of us had heard a fucking dicky bird from her.

I was looking forward to having a debate at the polling station with the representatives of satan, it would have been good to hear their take on their completely shit record, and laugh in their faces before going to vote them down.....but like all cowardly bullies they know when not to be present. Quite staggering the number of farmers, a sector that has been reamed out like the rest of us, still putting their boards up in their fields. Unless they are the ones who own most of the country because they came over on the boat with the norms. I dare say that ingo is out rewarding the stockholm syndrome victims by embroidering "I've got shit for brains me" on the congenitally retarded wankers foreheads.

Such are the voices in my head.

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:37 p.m.

...this is what Ingo needs, to make voting happen.

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:41 p.m.

It's a Madri world, my masters.

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:42 p.m.

I’m sure I read recently that a Farmer’s Weekly poll had about 60% of readers opting for Labour.

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:45 p.m.

I'm biased in Labour's favour, so I don't think they have lied and smeared too much. But they are clearly being disingenous about their intentions.

The problem with the list of issues you've identified is how much they are realistically going to be able to do in the next 4-5 years? We live in volatile times - 5 years ago the Tories thought they'd avoided issues into a majority that would get them through at least two electoral cycles and yet we are where we are now.

When labour haven't massively improved the country next time around, people are going to be looking around again for the next thing that's promising easy answers (wasn't Brexit, wasn't Boris). And I fear that's some hideous reform/tory coalition.

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:45 p.m.

Do you want to have a pop at train sets and Lucozade as well?

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:49 p.m.

There's an awful lot of work to do just to stop the patient haemorrhaging to death over the next term....which is my take on Labours implied message. Why make ridiculous promises that you can't hope to keep? There's much firefighting to be done before we need new upholstery. That's where the electorate are going to have to apply their critical thinking. I agree that's a possible recipe for disaster.

It's one battle....in a long war. Hopefully people are not stupid enough to think the vast damage can be undone with one vote.

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:52 p.m.

I'm fully expecting a load of statements over the next few months highlighting the shitshow they've inherited but I worry they should have seeded that more over the last 6 weeks. I guess they haven't exactly implied it's going to be sunshine and smiles from tomorrow onwards and maybe that's enough.

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:54 p.m.

You've met the general public right?

• 4 Jul 2024, 3:56 p.m.

Yep.