• 20 Dec 2023, 8:46 p.m.

Played football last night followed by end of season awards, at the strat.

Scored a goal from about two inches out. Keeper spilled it under pressure 'it came out like a bar of soap in the shower.' As he dived down on it, I moved it sideways so that he missed. As I then tried to hammer it home from about a foot, a defender came across and block tackled. An attempt to tap it in was also intercepted, and the ball ran loose sideways which I elegantly finished with the ball already kissing the line (deeply regret not throwing in a pirouette backheel finish).

I vociferously argued that it should be the recipient of the goal of the season award. 'When do you ever have four good touches from a yard out?'.

No awards for me. Again. Fix.

• 20 Dec 2023, 9:01 p.m.

I think that already makes you better than Chris Wood, at least.

• 21 Dec 2023, 1:34 p.m.

I'm not one for recurring dreams generally, but twice this week I've had a dream about hanging out with famous people. On Monday night it was talking about drumming with Dave Grohl, last night it was bonding over dogs with Taylor Swift. I'm not sure what it means.

• 21 Dec 2023, 1:43 p.m.

It means you have an admiration of Ms. Swift, like dogs and wish you were a little bit taller. Like in that song.

Probably.

• 21 Dec 2023, 1:47 p.m.

I don't think I needed a dream to tell me any of those things. I was hoping for something a little bit deeper, like maybe it being a sign I was about to become rich.

• 21 Dec 2023, 1:58 p.m.

I dreamt that I was collaborating with John Lennon, over a film project, last night. I think it was a foretelling of me being delusional. And dead.

• 21 Dec 2023, 2:03 p.m.

Funninly enough I had a dream last I remember, my dad was going into the House of Lords and I was trying to stop them.

• 21 Dec 2023, 2:04 p.m.

I am an exceptional dream interpreter.

It is a sign that that you should do the lottery tonight.

• 21 Dec 2023, 2:05 p.m.

Alright Guido, calm down.

Wait until Dorries is in there.

• 21 Dec 2023, 2:11 p.m.

I've had this thing for many many, many years whereby I wake up absolutely convinced I have a university assignment due that morning for which I have done nothing, or an exam for which I have not revised or both of the above, for a key module (usually Engineering Maths) for which I then realise I have not attended a single lecture (or seminar if applicable) all year. It's absolute panic for about 0.5 of a second before the realisation settles in that I finished university almost 25 years ago and somehow graduated. I'm sure there's probaly some sort of explaination related to a deep rooted psychological underlying feeling of inadequacy and fear faure or somesuch.

• 21 Dec 2023, 2:13 p.m.

I get that. Mostly about maths exams, that I was shit at.

Although I did once come top in a computing mathematics exam, after only attending the first three lectures.

• 21 Dec 2023, 2:32 p.m.

I have a similar one about missing A level deadlines and not having gone to any lessons so am worried about an upcoming exam.

I left school in 2000.

• 21 Dec 2023, 2:47 p.m.

So basically; we're all ne'er do-wells who are at least on a subconscious level, introspectively insightlful with a self awareness of our shortcomings and knowledge that we're essentially blagging our way through life and just making shit up as we go along while projecting a misleading mirage of utmost seriousness in our approach toward professional advancement because we've really just spent all our time fucking about on the Internet since it was invented instead of doing anything really useful?

And apparently can't be arsed with punctuation, either.

• 21 Dec 2023, 2:54 p.m.

Yes, but back then computers only had 3 buttons.

• 21 Dec 2023, 3:14 p.m.

No buttons. Punched holes in cards.

Tsk, kids today. No idea they are born.

• 21 Dec 2023, 4:07 p.m.

I get that, but I dream I decided to do another degree for whatever stupid reason and realise too late I had not attended one of the key modules all year. (I remember once it was an Art History degree which I have very little interest in)