• 20 Feb 2024, 11:43 a.m.

Tricky drinks out of puddles, but he doesn't kick cats.

• 20 Feb 2024, 2:19 p.m.

Garth Crooks has Murillo in his team of the week, seemingly on the strength of that one tackle on Antonio, but he thinks that Morgan should be ashamed of himself for getting Kalvin Phillips sent off.

www.bbc.com/sport/football/68340599

I have a feeling that Mr Crooks only watched the MOTD highlights before drawing up this article.

• 20 Feb 2024, 2:25 p.m.

Impressed if he can say for certain that there's no contact between Phillips and GIbbs-White. If Crooks is going to highlight every instance where a player exaggerates contact, he's going to make his word count very quickly every week. For example, what about their guy who pretended he had a head injury before the Elanga chance in the first half?

• 20 Feb 2024, 2:35 p.m.

Crooks has no comment on that as it wasn't shown on MOTD, therefore he didn't see it.

• 20 Feb 2024, 2:41 p.m.

There was an instance a few weeks ago where he put two players into his team of the week who hadn't actually played due to injuries.

• 20 Feb 2024, 3:09 p.m.

Fair play to him if he actually writes the crap that he comes out with. Unlike so many other brands with a profile in the media.

• 20 Feb 2024, 3:17 p.m.

It's a moot point on Kalvin Phillips, in terms of whether MGW made a meal of it. Was it a foul? Certainly. Was it a brain-dead daft thing to do having only been booked moments earlier? Certainly. If it has occurred the other way around, would I be annoyed at Phillips? No.

Next.

• 20 Feb 2024, 3:20 p.m.

Shows how much attention he was paying, because it was on MOTD.

• 20 Feb 2024, 3:33 p.m.

Didn't think it was a card personally (and said so to the un-happy hammer I was with). Yes he's caught him...but what do we want for the game going forward? Players running around and not trying to kick the ball, unless invited to don the tutu, by the ref, and take one of the leading roles?

Petulantly shoving someone over? Yellow all day. Fractionally missing a loose 50/50, with eyes only for the ball, and no intention to play the man? We are fucked if that's a yellow.

YMMV

• 20 Feb 2024, 4:18 p.m.

So, this heartwarming story about a 92 year old returning to the City Ground to hear Mull of Kintyre doesn't stack up. www.youtube.com/shorts/ACiIodTEkXo

1. So she stopped going 15 years ago "when her sight started to go". Really? Not just because we were crap in league one then? Plastic fan.
    2. Also, I'm pretty sure they only started routinely playing Mull of Kintyre pre-match at the Blackpool play-off semi-final. For the good of your mental health, don't watch this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm6MS4jW2ac but if you go to 13:06 at the kick off, no MoK... In fact, for some reason, the crowd is singing "You've lost that loving feeling".
  • 20 Feb 2024, 4:22 p.m.

Don't necessarily disagree with any of that, but those are the rules being enforced at the present time - for better or (mostly) worse. I don't think anyone would be surprised to see that challenge given as a yellow at any point in any match. Doesn't make it correct, just the modern game.

Phillips is a fool for giving the referee the option, having only just been booked for a pointless bit of handbags moments earlier. He generally seems a decent sort of bloke but he's had a horrible start to this spell at West Ham.

• 20 Feb 2024, 4:33 p.m.

I can still remember driving into West Bridgford to park up that night and screaming at the radio. A reporter at Radio Nottingham was vox-popping Forest fans outside the ground and a chirpy fella said something along the lines of: "I shouldn't really say this, but I run a local printing firm and Forest contacted me after the first leg at Yeovil to price up some potential merchandise for the final..."

Fucking idiot. Basically I blame him and Radio Nottingham for the emotional scarring of that evening. Well, them and the players obviously...

• 20 Feb 2024, 4:37 p.m.

I agree, it was a soft yellow although on totting up he'd comfortably earned it. I don't think Morgan got him sent off though.

• 20 Feb 2024, 4:41 p.m.

I have long been of the belief / recollection that Talkback is primarily responsible for MoK at kick off, because you're right, it's not something we've always done. I don't know how many years ago it was, but Geoff (the old Forest webmaster) took a straw poll on Talkback as to what song Forest should play just before kick off - I forget what the other options were, but MoK was definitely the clear favourite and the week after, it became so and has stuck and grown ever since.

Obviously Geoff was active on other, busier Forest forums and he may well have asked the same question there, but I am not and so I choose to believe it was entirely our doing.

• 20 Feb 2024, 4:43 p.m.

So what you're saying is that that fiasco was all Ingo's fault. I fucking knew it.

• 20 Feb 2024, 6:40 p.m.

The only Geoff that has been on here in the last 20 years was Ingo Jeff. So your vote would've been pre League One years which was when I was last a season ticket holder and those days were the Chemical Brothers - Born Slippy years, which I don't think they do anymore.