• Squad
    29 Dec 2023, 5:25 p.m.

Up the shagging Reds!

Quietly confident about this one. Elanga goes sex nuts and retard strong vs his old team. Wood continues giving us wood. Murilo scores a mazy worldie. The MGW rejuvenation continues apace.

3-1 to the good guys.

• 29 Dec 2023, 5:34 p.m.

So you're binning off the thread that Gammon started? So much for the season of goodwill to all men.

• 29 Dec 2023, 5:36 p.m.

Oh fuck. Two match threads is always a disaster…

• 29 Dec 2023, 5:39 p.m.

I'm sure Nuno will be referencing this clusterfuck in his post match interview.

• Squad
    29 Dec 2023, 5:41 p.m.

I didn’t see it. Time for a good old fashioned block thread war.

• 29 Dec 2023, 5:48 p.m.

Well we need some points even against teams we don't expect to beat. AFCON will seriously weaken us for a few games so a buffer would be handy before then. If we hadn't been so negative at Old Trafford we could have beaten them then.

• Squad
    29 Dec 2023, 5:53 p.m.

After Man Utd we don’t have a league game until the 20th Jan and then the 30th Jan.

AFCON is mitigated somewhat by the new break in Jan.

• 29 Dec 2023, 9:05 p.m.
    check_box

Marked as best answer by 29 Dec 2023, 11:01 p.m..

I shouldn't contribute to this thread because I value one thread per match anything else is just disrespectful but you did actually just quote Judge Dredd so I am giving this some time. (You now have a mission to rescue my comics from Tricky Caligula).......

Anyway see Ingbots thread...

Chicago: Going all Orlok the Assassin.

• 29 Dec 2023, 9:17 p.m.

Players we will lose to AFCON:

• Niakhate (that's an issue)
    • Sangare (not optimal but we do have a lot of cover)
    • Kouyate (meh)
    • Awoniyi (he's been missing most of the season anyway so no biggie)
    • Aurier (meh)
    • Boly (hopefully the last two games have demonstrated to people how much better we are without him in the side)
    • Aina (he's good but we have a ton of cover at his position)

So basically it's Niakhate and Sangare, everyone else going to AFCON largely doesn't impact us.

• 29 Dec 2023, 9:20 p.m.

I am led to understand that Taiwo has not been included in the provisional 40 man squad. So may not be missing. As well as not fit.

• 29 Dec 2023, 9:28 p.m.

Not missing for that reason, anyway

• 29 Dec 2023, 9:31 p.m.

They've named the squads and Awoniyi is confirmed as not going.

Guessing anyone wanting to sign Worrall in early January is going to be disappointed. No chance he'll leave before people start coming back.

• 29 Dec 2023, 9:45 p.m.

I don't think we will move him in January anyway. Felipe looks finished, Omobamidele is clearly nowhere near ready, Boly is ass, McKenna isn't up to the level. That leaves us with Niakhate, Murillo and Joe. Even if I grudgingly accept that Boly is probably going to be in and around the squad, 4 centre halves able to start and finish a game at this level is the bare minimum necessary when we allow for the inevitable injuries and suspensions.

• 29 Dec 2023, 9:49 p.m.

There's another Brazilian that's about to sign isn't there? Nino? Nuno? Nena? Neneh?

We'll surely sell McKenna, he will want to play in the euros, so we're in quite a strong position to insist on cash, rather than a loan.

• 29 Dec 2023, 11:28 p.m.

Big signing. Neun and neunzig euros.

• Squad
    30 Dec 2023, 10:07 a.m.

This is the best thread by far. We have 40 yr old references to Judge Dredd and luftballons.