• 4 May 2024, 11:47 p.m.

Oh and yes. Happy Donny was wrong day everyone!!!

Chicago: Onwards and Upwards.

• 5 May 2024, 12:20 a.m.

The golf was a lot more enjoyable than watching most of that game, but thankfully Sheffield United are really shit.

Can't argue with Callum Hudson-Onetrick when he pulls that trick twice in a game, but as usual he did fuck all else. Continues to be incapable of beating a man, why anyone ever lets him come inside is beyond me because he's apparently incapable of crossing with his left.

Yatesy got through a lot of work and great to see his first Premier League goal be such an important one. Tough afternoon for Wood but I think the centre-halves will say the same, he worked his nuts off with his back to goal. Montiel got much better after his horrible start and was very responsible, if not particularly exciting.

Morgan had a horrible day at the office. Nothing seemed to work for him, but it happens. Sheffield United fans are weird, he was inspirational in their run to the playoffs and he was never going to join them permanently in the Champ so I have no idea why they were booing him.

Big thumbs up for Aina, Danilo, Sels and Murillo who all had excellent games, but MOTM for me goes to Boly who might have had his best game in a Forest shirt. Imperious in our box, only had a couple of ricks playing it out, and set up Yatesy's goal.

And a final moment of applause for Nuno getting the substitutions spot on for a change. After a really sketchy first half hour in which Murillo and the Sheffield United strikers conspired to somehow keep their tally to 1 we never really looked in trouble, and once we went to three at the back they didn't get another real sniff at goal.

Not over the line yet, but a huge step closer.

• 5 May 2024, 12:29 a.m.

In the (IIRC) second half Danilo went on the type of run commentators call marauding and he pulled off a delightful sleight of foot on the Undead player tracking him. Ended with a fairly predictable shot over the bar but he really is fun to watch sometimes.

• 5 May 2024, 1:53 a.m.

This is one of many things that ticks me off. We have a lot of entertainers and Coops wouldn't let them entertain.
    I don't know if Nuno is the right person, but if someone can coach a team into this bunch they could be really special. I want us to be likeable again.

• 5 May 2024, 7:23 a.m.

A lot of experts saying that because the three promoted sides are going back down it does the gulf between the Champo and the Prem.
    So what did last season show, when the three promoted sides all stayed up?

The three relegated sides last year really were better than the three this year though.

• 5 May 2024, 7:35 a.m.

The only side that came up last year that was comparable to the three that came up this year decided to invest heavily in many players in order to try and not get thrashed every week. The ‘experts’ thought this was madness.

Whisper it quietly, but I think these experts are full of shit and incapable of doing anything more than trotting out one-dimensional reactions to whatever has just happened. Historical awareness and second-order thinking is entirely alien to them.

A gulf between the Premier League and the Championship. Jesus wept.. they’re getting paid for that?

• 5 May 2024, 7:41 a.m.

Burnley bounced back with parachute payments, like Fulham, and got over 100 points (conveniently forgotten by anyone claiming they are/were miles behind, say, Leicester). Sheff U came back in their final parachute year similarly to Bournemouth (although they weakened over the summer).

• 5 May 2024, 8:11 a.m.

Shouldn’t have signed for their hated rivals, maybe? Although he didn’t have any other options, as I recall, except Wolves’ bench.

• 5 May 2024, 8:14 a.m.

Great in the air, but he really struggled with their movement, Archer in particular. Almost cost us a couple of goals.

• 5 May 2024, 9:19 a.m.

As an aside, first prem game I've been to with empty seats. I guess it's been a shit season for them and it's bank holiday weekend but corners of each stand were sparsely populated.

• 5 May 2024, 9:26 a.m.

Good compliment to Murillo that worked out yesterday. One in the air, one on the deck.

Feel like Danilo had a better game than he's being given credit for. Yes the run caught the eye. .. but so did the constant running, coming offering for the ball, linking midfield and attack, working back.

• 5 May 2024, 10:09 a.m.

We had hundreds of empty seats round us.

PXL_20240504_151117020.jpg

JPG, 2.6 MB, uploaded by JimShady on 5 May 2024.

• 5 May 2024, 10:29 a.m.

Pretty sure the man on the telly said there were 29,000 there. Unless that place holds 50,000, that seemed very unlikely.

• 5 May 2024, 11:01 a.m.

It would be a weird thing for me to lie about. That number will include lots of season ticket holders who probably didn't go. We had almost a whole block to ourselves! I erased my mate from the pic, but this was minutes before KO ...

(I've just realised you were replying to the man on the telly rather than me)

PXL_20240504_134948340~2.jpg

JPG, 2.9 MB, uploaded by JimShady on 5 May 2024.

• 5 May 2024, 1:22 p.m.

Agreed on both counts. Boly/Murillo and Yates/Danilo were both very complementary partnerships.