• 17 Jul 2024, 2:17 p.m.

Only Tricky will probably give one Scintilla of a fuck but my Mum had the diagnosis of two burst ulcers that occurred when she was visiting. This explains the hemorrhaging. This is actually a good thing as it can be treated with antibiotics and that it was the best case scenario all things considered.

The colon blockage was scar tissue. We hope it is from a previous surgery (appendix was removed when she was younger) because if it isn't then it's almost certainly cancer. She having a colonoscopy to look around next week. So far so good, but the gal looks to be around a little longer.

As for Covid, it's pretty rampant around here but I have yet to get it (as far as I know), because I still wear masks at work. It's simple really, contrary to Simon's assertions that I am living in some hyperbolic internet reality, I cannot take time off due to the amount of money I have had to borrow for house stuff. Also, I prefer not to infect anyone (especially the older clients and the auto immune compromised ones too, of which I have a few)).

I still have two friends with long Covid which is remarkable really as they were the fittest people I have ever known. Don't want to ever find out.

Knees are baskets though, so Jeff I sympathize as I know it's a cnut.

Chicago: Still not getting that inheritance.

• 17 Jul 2024, 2:30 p.m.

Regards to your Mum chic. A nice lady...and not at all as batshit as you.

• Squad
    17 Jul 2024, 3:45 p.m.

Trump also has an ear ache.

• 18 Jul 2024, 12:54 p.m.

I know this place is all grown up now but I've just dropped a turd so huge, with a great looking consistency, that I momentarily considered not flushing so I could show the Mrs. A COVID symptom perhaps but there's a touch of pride in this. Fairly sure this is PB by quite some way.

• 18 Jul 2024, 1 p.m.

I hope it was satisfying.

I had a brain MRI yesterday. It differed from previous MRIs I’ve had as they needed a contrast so injected me with some dye and I also had a weird face cage added to proceedings. One bit was so loud it vibrated the whole top half of my body.
    Otherwise okay and the nice lady put a punk mix on for me to listen to that was heavy on the Ramones and light on Green Day, so result.

• 22 Jul 2024, 9:26 p.m.

It seems likely that Wifey has shingles at the tender age of 49.

The Shingles shot is available for people 50 and above.

She is ahead of the curve so hasn't had one... Ouch.

Chicago: Older and more vaccinated.

• 22 Jul 2024, 10:04 p.m.

This is surely just Sean Connery elucidating that the lone female is a looker?

• 23 Jul 2024, 7:09 a.m.

I think the shingles vaccination is only for the over 70s here.

• 23 Jul 2024, 7:22 a.m.

Glad your brain is functioning.

I had the weird dye thing when I lost the sight in my eye, so that they could see what was going on with the weird hemorrhage to a small artery at the back of the retina. Or something.

Anyway I was wazzing bright day-glo kia-ora orange for a good 24 hours thereafter which was I wasn't warned about and was quite startling having first become a Cylon and then being confronted with that.

Possibly not as impressive as Psychobel's King Kong digit in the annals Talkback toilet lore , but, thankfully we'll never know.

• 23 Jul 2024, 7:56 a.m.

Yes, thats the case, Mus Snr had shingles two years ago (diagnosed two days after he landed in the US for a 4 week vacation), the Dr he met was amazed that the UK had such a policy. Suffice to say I took the opportunity to get the shingles vaccine at 50.

• 23 Jul 2024, 9:59 a.m.

Just coughed and put my back out.
    I. AM. OLD.

• 23 Jul 2024, 10:31 a.m.

Do you make a noise when you get out of a chair?

I now do, no memory of when that started or why, it just happens.

• Squad
    23 Jul 2024, 10:55 a.m.

Whenever I get out of bed, my knees/legs click so much they sound like Flipper telling someone there’s some illegal pollution going on in the harbour.

• 23 Jul 2024, 10:15 p.m.

Results back from brain and heart. Nothing particularly to worry about. Not even weirdly colored pee.
    Another hearing test in 6 months and diet and exercise for blood pressure.

• 24 Jul 2024, 12:45 a.m.

<shakes head sadly>
    The absence of symptoms in someone like you is a strong indicator of goat AIDS.