• 6 May 2023, 12:56 p.m.

For people who need it.

I am pretty sure this house/condo/house debacle will give me a heart attack.

I already have a weird rash on my left arm and finger. In the old days it would be Goat AiDs

Now I think it’s people thrush.

Chicago: teetering.

• 7 May 2023, 3:39 p.m.

I'm wondering whether any of you fine folks have bought glasses online? My prescription is getting gradually worse and the glasses increasingly expensive from my local opticians. Much as I like to support local business I'm looking at around 600 to 700 via them. Any reliable purveyors?

• 7 May 2023, 4:43 p.m.

I have used directsight since 2014. My last invoice for computer/reading glasses came to £23.70 with delivery and VAT. The one before, a normal prescription, with a dark tint suitable for sunglasses, and no tint for normal wear (2 pairs) was £75 including delivery and VAT.

The frame is a Buddy Holly/Elvis Costello/Wayfarer/National health-a-like. Which is my style of preference these days. I find nothing more comfortable...they are not cheap crap, spring loaded arms and the suchlike. "Rylie", a style no longer available, it seems.

The frames were £15 in 2018, £25 in 2021, and no longer available this year. (huzzah for brexshit!).

Discounts do occur. I got my reading/computer glasses during a 25% discount offer.

• 18 May 2023, 5:12 p.m.

My biopsy result showed no cancer. So instead of lymphoma I have sarcoidosis instead. Yes, I had to look it up too. The consultant assures me this is infinitely better as it takes the need for Chemo off the table.

• 18 May 2023, 5:15 p.m.

It's probably better to not have anything. Except for sweeties. But not having cancer is a good second prize.

You must be relieved. I'm happy for you.

I can't have you all dying to avoid moving to the new board.

• 19 May 2023, 7:15 a.m.

I'm really glad it's not cancer, that's good news.
    I hope the Sarcoidosis can be managed.

• 20 May 2023, 12:44 p.m.

I knew working in the West End was toxic but Jesus!

Chicago: Calling Hugh Laurie.

• 5 Jun 2023, 12:51 a.m.

So I needed a new pair of Driving sunglasses as I lost them. I went to my bloke who is very expensive but also very good. I didn't know that he has been doing some serious hallucinogenics since i have last seen him (did you get that?).

So with my new pair the clarity in the car is immense. It's like being in a 3D movie Theatre. This helps my driving.

As for wearing them walking, well that's another story altogether as I feel like I am getting taller with every step and begin to feel like I am floating. It's so much after about 10 steps I have to take them off. It's summer. This is a problem. I may have to go to a Grateful Dead concert to sort out my peepers. I blame A.I.

Chicago: Feeling sucked into the Matrix.

• 9 Jun 2023, 9:15 p.m.

If you needed proof that sleep deprivation is really really bad for you then last night is the pudding. I have been averaging 530am to 830pm days with an average of 18 to 20 clients a day. This is the push to have enough cash to help fund the closing of the house.

I have not been drinking alcohol and also taking magnesium before going to bed. 3am. Bang! Worst cramp on my calf ever. It was gruesome and lasted for 20 minutes.

All throughout today my calf is insanely sore like I actually sprained it from the cramp attack. Holy shit it is very very tender and painful. Luckily today is a quiet day of 20 clients and I finish at 7pm tonight.

Weeeeeeeeee!

Chicago: Reaching for an ice pack.

• 9 Jun 2023, 10:39 p.m.

I take magnesium every day. It's good for muscle recovery.

• 10 Jun 2023, 8:40 a.m.

Hm never heard of that before, but only just getting into fitness stuff.

• 10 Jun 2023, 9:21 a.m.

Also for light weight alloys, flash photography, fireworks, and tracer bullets.

I hope it's not magnesium you are actually taking, but supplements. Magnesium would probably pass straight through you. If it didn't light you up. Studies have shown magnesium citrate to be the best absorbed supplement.

Better is nuts, seeds, beans, spinach (nettles), yoghurt, soy, all good for magnesium. Also good for potassium and calcium which are also important for cramps, and should be eaten in proportion - which can be a problem with supplements. Add tomatoes, gourds ( cucumber, courgette, squash), and bananas for extra potassium.

Would make a good curry that. If such a thing existed.

• 10 Jun 2023, 9:28 a.m.

Ooh I'd not realised Nettles were good for magnesium. I know they're a really good, healthy, free food but it's nice to have another reason to like them.

• 12 Jun 2023, 3:12 p.m.

Unless your body is allergic to it, which mine is as it contains Zinc. Senora Mus takes it daily and was insistent I did the same, after two days of feeling like death warmed up, I decided to the check the bottle.. and yep Zinc.

Mus: Poisoned.

• 12 Jun 2023, 3:20 p.m.

Magnesium contains zinc? If you are correct about that, there's probably a nobel prize in it for you.