• 12 May 2024, 3:02 a.m.

Uh, both. I want us to do both of those things in every game. Don't you?

• 12 May 2024, 9:05 a.m.

Maybe we keep Nuno on for next year but bring back WMD as head of substitutions.

Also maybe chamfer the corners off to as we can't defend them and can't take them.

• 12 May 2024, 9:31 a.m.

My highlight yesterday was a guy in a Forest away shirt coming round the corner near the cricket ground on a mobility scooter singing I'm forever blowing bubbles.

• 12 May 2024, 9:38 a.m.

When did you get a scooter?

• 12 May 2024, 9:58 a.m.

Brilliant atmosphere, both within the ground and on the way there (no it wasn’t me on the mobility scooter). Felt a bit flat at the end though. Lots of work to do over the summer. We’ve looked better under Nuno in my view, but the results need to come too. It’s great that we haven’t been spanked this season apart from the Fulham game, and that we’ve played really well against Man City and Chelsea recently and could have won both. But we didn’t. And for all the improvement in ambition and being competitive with the best, we’ve consistently fallen short. Can’t blame refs, VAR or Afcon for everything.

• 12 May 2024, 10:36 a.m.

I'm giving us an extra 10 points for VAR. With that it would have been a successful season.

• 12 May 2024, 1:54 p.m.

I think this is about where I am. I feel we're a better side than last year, and closer to being a mid table Premier League side. But we have less points than last year, and also three shitter sides below us than last year.

Would love to see the (a) manager get another 12 months to work with Murillo, Danilo, MGW, CHO etc but some of them will no doubt get moved on.

• 12 May 2024, 2:59 p.m.

Oh what an entertaining game!

If Chris Wood hadn't hit a crisis of confidence we would have won that game. Also Chelsea being able to Bring on Reese James and Sterling is a luxury that we cannot afford.

We are safe unless we commit suicide in an Iron Claw kind of way...

Job Done....

Doesn't mean I like how the season went but at times we play lovely stuff and I still think that Everton are way worse than us. Just that our Defence is donkey poo and we don't know how to set up at certain times..

Once again Ryan Yates going off seemed to mess with our game plan... This begs the question will be lose that streak of having an academy player in the squad for the next game if he is injured? Bugger.

I suspect we are going to run into FFP/PRS trouble again as we have to sell up to 30 million of talent by June 30th before being able to buy like bastards again. It's bizarre really. We do need some smart defenders though and an attacking midfielder who isn't Reyna.

Cole Palmer is a magnificent footballer and it is sad that we were interested in him last season (not this season) and decided against moving for him because citeh wanted a buy back clause (wankers...).

CHO was very good yesterday as were most but Montiel is rubbish.. Offers nothing in defending even if forward he can we useful. At 2-1 if we had gone low block we would have won that game. Alas, not to be. I suppose the. odds were already in our favour that it didn't matter too much unless you go full Guru but frustrating all the same. At least I get to see the mighty Reds on television again next season. The football has been much more entertaining under Nuno but the results have been pants. Clearly lots of work to be done but unless we get Julien Nagelsman or Graham Potter then we should stick and not twist. But fuck me, fire that set piece coach and buy someone who can take a fucking free kick. (oooh I miss you Scarpa-rama).

Chicago: Hopeless optimist.

• 12 May 2024, 3:09 p.m.

I thought Montiel going off was the catalyst to things going wrong - not that he was especially doing anything notable, but Aina was giving them fits on the left and he was far less effective on the other side, while Toff was a huge downgrade and let Gusto have the freedom to run past him. It was a classic case of surrendering the advantage to try and sit on what we had instead of pressing it home.

Montiel seems to be one of those players that everyone has decided is shit, and is now not interested in considering any other view. He's actually mostly competent with the inevitable rick, such as we saw for the first goal, but we were winning 2-1 with him on the pitch and in control of the game.

• 12 May 2024, 3:31 p.m.

Agree with most of what you say apart from that last bit. Montiel and Yates were subbed off two minutes before our second goal. Facts are real bastards.

• 12 May 2024, 3:37 p.m.

I haven't seen him do anything good ever really. He's certainly an appalling defender and not at Neco or Aurier's level. It's a cheerio from me.

• 12 May 2024, 3:40 p.m.

We did score from a set piece yesterday to be fair.

Yates is not injured, so far as I know so I think we will see him against Burnley. He was brilliant yesterday and is playing with real fire in his belly since the club did that soppy video for him.

• 12 May 2024, 3:40 p.m.

Fair enough. I could probably make an argument that two minutes after the substitutions Chelsea hadn't really adjusted yet to the extra space they were being given, but it would be a slightly specious one.

We were definitely in control of the game when Montiel went off though, and we were on course to gain the point that we needed to complete the job. I'm really very bored of cowardly management.

• 12 May 2024, 4:59 p.m.

I was really surprised he brought on Elanga at 2-1. Kouyate, Dominguez or even Sangare would seem to have been better to help shore up the midfield. Moving MGW ten yards further back wasn't ideal.

• 12 May 2024, 5:19 p.m.

He brought on Elanga for Yates at 1-1. In fact he had an involvement in the second goal. We did look lightweight in midfield without Yates.

• 12 May 2024, 5:42 p.m.

We looked atrocious....watching chelsea carve through our midfield almost at will was a return to the sort of setup we showed when first joining the division. Give any teams of the level that sort of space and time, and you are going to ship goals. 'ship goals?