• 6 Apr 2024, 4:55 p.m.

It really is just the romcoms for you!

• 7 Apr 2024, 12:19 p.m.

Second.
    Total gash. I'd probably have liked it when he first started doing this kind of thing in the nineties but come on, it's time to do something slightly differently.

• 7 Apr 2024, 12:22 p.m.

This Town.
    Was really looking forward to this for the early eighties ska retro-bath but oh dear.
    Fine if you like your cliches with cheese on and your acting as hammy as fuck, but other than that, avoid.

• 7 Apr 2024, 12:45 p.m.

I've also been looking forward to that. Sounds almost as bad as The Gentlemen.

• 7 Apr 2024, 3:53 p.m.

Promising first episode. Down the toilet into the am dram sewer thereafter. You can tell they just want to burst song and do a Commitments.

• 16 Apr 2024, 9:22 a.m.

Really enjoyed Ripley but there's one scene in the 7th episode which seems ridiculously misjudged and almost broke the whole thing. Non specific spoiler:

• 16 Apr 2024, 12:57 p.m.

We Really liked the Gentleman as it's fun and silly and meant to be a parade of daft characters from the criminal underworld. Typical Guy Ritchie. Liked all the characters and I thought Vinny Jones playing against type was a refreshing change.

Tokyo Vice is great and we really hope that they are going to continue as it is lavish and really well written. The acting is superb and since it is based on true events, you can really feel the real life jeopardy as this American Journalist is trying to report on the Yazuka without getting killed.

Just started watching Mr. Bates vs the Post office and I didn't really know the full scandal and how hideous the whole thing was. Pretty sure fiction writers couldn't make that one up. Unbelievable.

As for disappointments, the Tourist season 2 is dreadful. The first incarnation in Australian is fab but the sequel is rubbish. Cliches everywhere. The only redeeming feature was the useless Aussie boyfriend who flies to Ireland because he wants to make amends for his behaviour. He is very funny. The rest of it was pants. Especially the middle episodes..

Shogun. I read the book. I loved the book. I understand what they are trying to do with this adaptation by emphasizing the Japanese side of the story rather than the English Protagonist which is the most interesting part of the story but they chop the timeline up and try to tell a slighly different story and it doesn't work for me. I have seen 3 episodes and everyone swears it's great. I don't like it because the book was so great. Also the main English Actor overacts like crazy and it is annoying as fuck.

Chicago: Drama Queen.

• 16 Apr 2024, 1:02 p.m.

I've just started watching Fallen on Prime. It's decent.

• 16 Apr 2024, 1:05 p.m.

Do you mean Fallout? If so I'm excited to get to that.

• 16 Apr 2024, 1:09 p.m.

I do mean Fallout.

I've not played the game, but the TV show is pretty entertaining. There's some good comedy bits. I like the soundtrack. I generally enjoy post-apocalyptic films which helps.

There's also some weird bits ....

• 16 Apr 2024, 6:32 p.m.

I concur.
    Watched the first season in pretty short order and went straight into season 2. Gave up within about 3 episodes. It emphasised the horrible over the quirky that made season 1 a kind of Razorback revisit.
    So I'm watching Ripper Street instead. And looking away at the unnecessarily grim bits.

• 16 Apr 2024, 7:06 p.m.

Not heard of this, so Googled it...

Fallout is a media franchise of post-apocalyptic role-playing video games—and later action role-playing games...

That will be a hard-no from me.

Elsewhere, we're halfway through Gentlemen and would concur with much of the comment on here. Daft storyline, some really ropey acting but yet quite entertaining. Classic Guy Ritchie really.

• 16 Apr 2024, 8:17 p.m.

I wouldn’t let the video game roots put you off. As far as I can tell (I’ve only played about 20 minutes of one game years ago), it’s just taken the premise.
    And Walton Goggins is great in everything.

• 17 Apr 2024, 12:10 p.m.

Shogun is hard to keep up with everything that is going on, especially the lengthy Japanese language sections, but overall it looks great and is pretty engaging, Chicago is correct though the lead actor hams it up a bit too much.

Fallout, not started but really looking forward to it, have played the games and the world they created is perfect for this type of show.

• 17 Apr 2024, 1:12 p.m.

I played and loved Fallout 4. Watched the first episode last week and enjoyed it. Might well watch part 2 this afternoon.

• 17 Apr 2024, 8:02 p.m.

The Sign is the best thing I've seen on telly all year. Watch before you mock.