• 9 May 2024, 1:33 p.m.

The Premier League season finishes mid May, then the Euros start mid June. I don't think we're going to be able to easily sell anyone in that period and if we do it will be discounted because they will know we have to make a deal.

• 9 May 2024, 1:42 p.m.

I think it depends if there are a few clubs wanting Murillo/MGW - we may be able to get a bidding war

• 9 May 2024, 1:43 p.m.

We do have the BJ profit to help our case this year, given we weren’t allowed to count it last year. So, all else being equal (which it presumably isn’t) we’d be fine.

I think MGW will be sold though. He’s ready to try his hand at a better club than we’re going to be any time soon, and I can see one or two of them stumping up a price that works for everyone. For the sort of money we’d want for Murillo, suitors might prefer to see him go another season before writing any cheques… though if someone does rock up up £70m or so we’d be silly not to take it.

• 9 May 2024, 1:59 p.m.

Don't think I agree with that. I'm not sure Morgan is worth much more than we paid for him and if we sell him before June we'll only have amortized one fifth of his fee, so there's not a lot of profit to be made there. Murillo may only have one season under his belt but anyone who has watched him play a few games will be in no doubt as to his ability and his trajectory. It's clear that he's absolutely built to play in the Premier League, figuratively and literally, and there's a huge profit in it for us given we only paid something like 15M for him.

• 9 May 2024, 3:25 p.m.

2/5 of fee isn't it?

And given PSR is a rolling 3 year period the Brennan money doesn't go that far. We have another year of Prem loss allowance so can lose £83m. We had lost 93m from memory in last year's calcs (mostly from the last two years of the three year period) so 37m ish from BJ transfer available. Needs to cover the amortisation of all last summers signings.

• 9 May 2024, 3:53 p.m.

I suppose strictly it could be 1/5 of fee as you may not amortise in the year of disposal, but there wouldn't be any amortisation in the current year so the loss would be less - swings and round a bouts.

• 10 May 2024, 8:37 a.m.

Percy decides our recruitment has been pretty good, actually.

Apparently Neco was only £10m, not the £17m I've seen generally quoted.

"Forest intend to lower the average age of the squad and continue to buy up and coming young talent from across Europe and beyond. The average age is now 23 excluding goalkeepers."

"Improvements will continue to be made at the training ground. It has been recognised outside the club that Forest have made key changes to culture, staffing, structure and organisation. Major changes have been made to the academy, which remains Category 1.

Evangelos Marinakis, the club’s owner, is still intent on Forest ultimately establishing themselves as a top-10 club."

• 10 May 2024, 9:04 a.m.

The club couldn't have written that better themselves.

• 10 May 2024, 9:15 a.m.

This paragraph made me laugh. Admittedly he does go on to give other examples, but the idea that one good bargain signing means that no, our recruitment isn't scattergun at all, actually...

That said, if future signings are along the lines of the examples he does give, e.g. Murillo, MGW, Elanga, CHO, Danilo, I'll be happy enough. Let's hope lessons have been learned.

• 10 May 2024, 9:20 a.m.

Buy good players not shit ones. It's easy really.

• 10 May 2024, 10:04 a.m.

Yes, we need to make a £9M PSR profit this year to keep within the 3 year limits and the report from our original points deduction suggested we were forecasting a loss of about £15M, implying we need to make a sale.

(Although it wasn't clear whether that £15M forecast loss was a PSR loss or an accounting loss. Contextually it would make most sense for it to be a PSR loss as it was a PSR breach they were addressing in the report, but who knows given the general shambles of PSR).

• 10 May 2024, 4:42 p.m.

To confirm what we already knew
    Percy says...
    A number of big earners including Felipe, Cheikhou Kouyate, Harry Arter and Wayne Hennessey will also depart as free agents this summer.
    Felipe had already announced his retirement. I saw somewhere Hennessey has suffered a serious injury as well. Arter will be a big loss though.
    Makes space for some more Mendes wonderkids I suppose.

• 10 May 2024, 4:44 p.m.

I assume Arter will get a testimonial in the summer?

• 12 May 2024, 2:56 a.m.

PSG announced that Navas will leave end of the season as a free agent.

Would.

• 12 May 2024, 3:38 a.m.

Navas Say Never Again