• 3 Dec 2023, 3:34 p.m.

It feels like the end for Ccoper. In the past when under pressure he’s come out with key wins. Yesterday was just drab. By this time
    next week it’s likely 5 defeats on the trot, he’s not surviving that.

• 3 Dec 2023, 3:40 p.m.

If Bournemouth hold on to their current lead, that’s not helping him either.

• 3 Dec 2023, 4:46 p.m.

Villa and Liverpool have done us a huge favour. I don’t think it helps Cooper’s position but it helps the club in the sense we are not as much in the shot as we could have been.

• 3 Dec 2023, 6:48 p.m.

Just watched the brief highlights of yesterday.

Why did Aurier not come out to the attacker for the goal. He just stood there, if anything blocking the keeper view. Surely faced with that you charge the man to try and block?

• 3 Dec 2023, 6:57 p.m.

I mentioned that yesterday. It was a very odd decision.

Game should have finished 0-0.

We need to get back to being difficult to beat at least for the time being. The Fulham game
    Might be painful.

Chicago: Gritting my teeth for Wednesday.

• 3 Dec 2023, 7:59 p.m.

I'd be looking at something like this on Wednesday..

The Greek
    Niakhate, Felipe, murillo
    Aina Sangare, dominguez, mangala, neco
    MGW
    Elanga

• 3 Dec 2023, 10:03 p.m.

Don't mind that team. I just feel like we actually defend better as a unit with the Yank in. I don't want to get polarised about it, but the Greek so far has just been a bit mediocre in every aspect of the craft.

I miss the lunatic.

• 3 Dec 2023, 10:27 p.m.

Why would you drop Yates? He, and Murillo were the only 2 who looked anything like being up for it yesterday

• 3 Dec 2023, 10:58 p.m.

Would welcome Samba back in a heartbeat, and we were definitely spoiled by having two top-end international class goalies last season.

• 4 Dec 2023, 8:52 a.m.

The Greek hasn't done much of anything so far, he's looked as dodgy on crosses as the Yank did. The only thing in his favour so far is he looks far less panicked on the ball. The Yank gave me kittens everytime the ball came anywhere near him. I am also on the miss the lunatic train.

• 4 Dec 2023, 9:05 a.m.

Quite liked Turner's deranged intense look. Thought it gave him an edge. Also thought he was definitely a better shot stopper.

I mean, if you can't get at least a part lunatic, who can save the ball, you might as well stick a midfielder in there, and look to play up at the half way line.

• 4 Dec 2023, 9:22 a.m.

I can see what the reports meant about him being a steady keeper. Steadily average. No great saves. No big mistakes. For his height he should be doing much more at corners and from free kicks.

• 4 Dec 2023, 9:55 a.m.

I see a lot of "it isn't working" which means Cooper should/will go, but it begs the question what is "it"? Personally I'm not convinced that what isn't working is Cooper. I am more inclined to think it is the wider environment of the club that is not working, like averaging a dozen signings every transfer window and expecting the Head Coach to integrate all these players from different parts of the globe every 6 months whilst maintaining a constant upward curve of results. He's under pressure for sure, but that's largely because the owner is a nutter who gets away with it because he is also rich.

• 4 Dec 2023, 10:32 a.m.

I'm starting to think that Cooper has gone as far as he can in this scenario. Doesn't mean he wont be a top manager but right now, he seems unable to get a tune out of this squad. Saturday was awful piled on a lot more awful. It's gone from could be doing better to should be doing better to needs to be doing better. We have "talented" players who cannot seem to pass and move under any pressure whatsoever.
    We are absolutely in a relegation battle and some change is needed. That might be a change in our luck; a streaky couple of wins and maybe that adds 10% to the performances. But that change might also be a new manager.

• 4 Dec 2023, 10:34 a.m.

We are an extreme case, for sure, but it feels like until you get to dictate things at your club like a Pep or a Klopp, the job of the modern top flight coach is to take whatever group of players is handed to him and deliver what the person paying for it expects.

So either you manage the squad, or you manage the expectations. Fail at both (and I am not saying SSC is necessarily failing at either) and you’re failing at the job you signed up for.

• 4 Dec 2023, 10:41 a.m.

I don't think you can manage the expectations of this owner and managing the squad is easier if the squad doesn't completely change every few months and there is an evolution to it. He probably has done his limit under this ownership and he probably will go before long, and he might find Palace a more suitable home, should he end up there.