• 30 Dec 2023, 9:24 p.m.

Yes I noted that. Made a comment like "Some people were making stupid comparisons between Morgan and others in the squad".

• 1 Jan 2024, 8:20 p.m.

I listened to the new Garibaldi Red post Man U and it was even worse than I feared. Some kid whose primary claim to fame appears to be that he has a lot of Twitter followers describing how exciting it was watching the game on TV, while Max the presenter interjected every couple of minutes to read banal comments from the live Youtube stream. Managed about 10 minutes before I had to shut it off.

Matt Davies and Lewis McGugan doing post game on Forest Focus sounded like Parkinson and Clough in contrast.

• 1 Jan 2024, 8:32 p.m.

Strangely intrigued by this description so put it on. Managed even less than you. Presenter had already mixed a couple of metaphors before saying he'd run out of 'super-lay-tives' to describe the Forest performance.

• 1 Jan 2024, 9:10 p.m.

My assumption is that they're after the audience that only knows Garry Birtles as a shit commentator, and was born after Forest were last relegated from the Premier.

• 1 Jan 2024, 9:36 p.m.

McGugan is legitimately excellent. Davies sounds bored regardless as to his excitement level.

• 1 Jan 2024, 9:43 p.m.

I don't know what audience they are aiming for....I just know it's not me.

• 1 Jan 2024, 11:04 p.m.

Lewis provides very good insight, but he isn't polished enough to take his broadcasting career beyond a Forest podcast. That said, plenty of less interesting ex-players have reached greater heights than that, so I could be wildly wrong. He also seems more interested in coaching and managing with the podcast as a sideline.

• 12 Jan 2024, 4:39 p.m.

Was wandering how much Matt Davies was likely to be making now he's gone alone (probably not through choice).

He gets 5-11 thousand views per video, which if this ( influencermarketinghub.com/how-much-do-youtubers-make/ ) is correct is a long way from a living and he's miles off being able to pay anyone to appear. Obviously he's growing the channel (hence the increased regularity and, presumably, different release times to establish what works best) but you have to think there is a ceiling and it's probably not 10 times his current viewership, Nav sponsorship is a bit more on top but he must have or be looking for other forms of income.

• 12 Jan 2024, 11:38 p.m.

Hes started a membership scheme at £2.99 or £4.99 a month.

• 12 Jan 2024, 11:52 p.m.

It's not just YT though, it's also available on other podcast platforms and he'll receive separate ad revenue from those - I listen on Podcast Addict, as I do all my podcasts, and it serves me with local ads.

• 15 Jan 2024, 8:35 a.m.

Listening to the Mark Warburton interview, it's fairly interesting but it is annoying the way he keeps saying the interviewers name.

• 22 Jan 2024, 10:59 p.m.

I'm not sure the move to go independent is a good one for Forest Focus, at least for me as a listener. He's cranking up the output to 5 or 6 episodes a week, and I don't need 2 or 3 episodes having the same post match discussion with different groups of contributors, and 2 more previewing the next match, alongside whatever random interview he can find to fill the gap in the middle and 15 minute episodes of just Matt whenever there's a story breaking. It's likely to get me out of the habit of listening if I have to pick and choose which ones I think will be interesting.

As an aside, I started to listen to the first post-Brentford episode with Mark Sutherns and Chris Aylmer and was mildly amused to note that I know, or knew, both of them IRL. Mark is an ex Talkbacker from long long ago (Red Or Dead) and he and I used to carpool from London back in probably the late 90s, by coincidence we had season tickets about three seats away from each other. Chris I know because RD and I were drinking in a dive bar in my old neighbourhood in Toronto a few years ago and we complained to the barman about the Leicester City flag on the ceiling, he asked us why it bothered us and when we told him we were Forest fans his eyes lit up - Chris was the barman. Turns out Chris was also good friends with another mate of mine, the Irish barman at my local, so we ended up hanging out a bunch of times in Toronto.

I know, I know, little ol' name dropper me.

• 23 Jan 2024, 5:43 a.m.

A mate and I were having the same discussion yesterday. It's too much for us now.

• 23 Jan 2024, 7:51 a.m.

Me too, for the same reasons. Also, there seem to be a lot more ads at the start than there were before.

• 23 Jan 2024, 7:57 a.m.

I dont begrudge him the ads, it means he's doing better I presume.

I am probably going to skip the ones with no ex pro on, just because there are so many.

I presume quite a few people have become members, hopefully making it sustainable, so he may start to refine it over the next few months.

I thought the latest one with Kelvin Wilson on was good.

• 3 Feb 2024, 6:26 p.m.

So Arsher Ali has launched his podcast, which I was all set to ignore until I see it features Nick Miller and Matt Davies-Adams who are both excellent.
    Nice to have choices, but there's no way these can or should all succeed.