• 4 Nov 2023, 10:43 p.m.

Find it hard to believe nobody looked at Google maps during the journey and noticed they were going in the wrong direction.

• 4 Nov 2023, 11:28 p.m.

How Brazilian Bruno stayed on the pitch against Arsenal I have no idea. An elbow to the head. A smack in the back and grabbing a player by the throat. What a lovely bloke. The elbow was so blatant. VAR is rubbish.

On top of that I am pretty sure that the ball was out when Newcastle managed to score.

The game was entertaining in a boxing match kind of way.

Chicago: Bish Bosh.

• 4 Nov 2023, 11:36 p.m.

You could make the case that the cover of the ball was over the line. Probably shouldn't have overlooked the shove in the back of the defender, or the handball in the build up.

The officiating is currently a joke, that is massively altering the outcomes of games in inconsistent ways, slowly, with unacceptable disruption to continuity of play, and bringing the game into disrepute in most matches.

I don't know why we put up with it.....apart from the lifetime of conditioning to make us timid, supine, and obedient.

• 4 Nov 2023, 11:37 p.m.

Come on he didn’t grab him by the throat, he pushed him at the top of his chest with an open hand and I’d have sent the Arsenal player off for play acting, given he swallow dived holding his head which hadn’t been touched.

• 4 Nov 2023, 11:39 p.m.

I’ll tell you what irritates me about the bauernliga is the “der klassiker” bollocks. That didn’t exist until the champions league final about 10 years ago. There’s no heritage, no political or local rivalry or anything at all. It’s just made up bullshit

• 4 Nov 2023, 11:47 p.m.

Didn't see that bit, but raising your hands to an opponent should be something that you should factor in the possibility of getting sent off. If the referee is competent. Which granted isn't a given.

• 4 Nov 2023, 11:52 p.m.

He didn’t raise his hands, it was more a slight push (or stiff arm in American parlance) and besides its Arsenal, so who gives a fu*k.

• 5 Nov 2023, midnight

And I just noticed that the FA have apparently approved 777’s purchase of Everton, good to see they have conducted full diligence on 777, nope nothing to see here, absolutely fine… FFS

• 5 Nov 2023, 12:30 a.m.

What do you make of the blatant elbow to the head after running angrily in a tizzy towards Georginho before doing it? Only Ryan Yates is allowed to do stuff like that. I have decided in my new ref book manifesto.

Chicago: Tough nut.

• 5 Nov 2023, 10:53 a.m.

I'd assumed that der klassiker was German for Dortmund getting their arses handed to them on a plate, but thinking about it that's probably Dortmundarsenplatzengeheft. Or something.
    The Kent cricket social media guy partakes of this sort of bollocks too - every game v Essex is dubbed the battle of the bridge, v Surrey is the oldest rivalry and v Sussex is the battle of the weald. Just stop it, dickhead.

• 5 Nov 2023, 11:12 a.m.

TBF, at this stage it's possible they're fucked either way.

• 5 Nov 2023, 11:34 a.m.

In true Wenger style I didn’t see it… I only watched the last 15 minutes of the game.

Mus: Cutting through the hyperbole

• 5 Nov 2023, 11:48 a.m.

Indeed - as laid out In this Athletic piece

• 5 Nov 2023, 2:58 p.m.

Quite. Should be tunnel.

• 5 Nov 2023, 4:19 p.m.

Meanwhile, Derby are losing at a half-full Gresty Road in the FA Cup, with what appears to be a reasonably strong side.

• 5 Nov 2023, 4:46 p.m.

Derby scored after 89 and 93 to scrape a draw.