• 25 Sep 2024, 12:53 p.m.

Given that the club undertook a campaign of briefing against him and undermining him, no doubt contributing to his perceived underperformance in some peoples eyes, because he was too well liked, it seems unlikely.

File under not going to happen.

• 25 Sep 2024, 12:56 p.m.

Is this FACT? Or Cooper spin?

I hadn’t realised the Leicester fans had vocally turned on him last night.

• 25 Sep 2024, 1:09 p.m.

If you look at the timeline of what happened from the initial rumblings of the first move to sack him, that led to his contract extension, and observe what the journo's (pet and otherwise) were publishing. There was a constant working on the narrative to move towards an entirely reasonable sacking. Which is what happened.

The dressing room is not immune to these things, particularly if there is a mood around the organisation itself. It can have an impact.

Clearly if the club doesn't want a particular coach, and the fans do, you can either do the unpopular thing - or align the stakeholders to your way of thinking. It is what it is. For whatever reason (too popular in this case) the owner didn't want the coach, and that only ends one of two ways (new coach, new owner). One of which is much more likely.

It does annoy me, not just in this, how easily people are played these days.

• 25 Sep 2024, 6:53 p.m.

I agree that the club were looking to replace him, but think that was more to do with them recognising his limitations rather than because he was too popular for them.

Any manager that brings some success would be popular, and I’m quite sure those in charge want that.

• 25 Sep 2024, 7:56 p.m.

FTFY

• 26 Sep 2024, 6:01 p.m.

Sounds like the manure hierarchy have imposed a punishment on their manager for being clueless, having created no discernable patterns of play, and minimising the returns on players, purchased and inherited.

Unusual. Cruel.