• 25 Sep 2024, 9:46 a.m.

If Wednesday could get their act together a bit, it would be an attractive place to go and try to lead back to the big time. Though they do seem to have a decent manager at the moment anyway.

• 25 Sep 2024, 9:49 a.m.

I'm not sure it all going wrong in two months at fester will have that big an impact on his reputation. Everyone knows that club is a basketcase at the moment, and he was never going to be welcomed due to his Forest connections. Very easy to spin as being hounded out by the fans.

• 25 Sep 2024, 9:58 a.m.

Foxes Talk remains hilarious in the meantime.

They seem convinced that now there's no looming PL sanction or points deduction while they remain an EPL side, the (percieved) cream of Europe's top up and coming young and revolutionary managerial future-Peps are just waiting to form an orderly queue if only they'd pull the trigger.

Either that or David Moyes is poised to come a-riding in on a white charger ro lead them to glory evermore.

• 25 Sep 2024, 10:15 a.m.

He could have hid behind the points deduction, but he can’t now. The fact it was the only PL to offer him a job speaks volumes, and if he fails at Leicester then nothing will change that. He’s ideal for a Norwich or Middlesbrough.

• 25 Sep 2024, 10:15 a.m.

Possibly, but I still can't see an obvious PL job offer for him after this, unless someone like Ipswich or Southampton were to lose McKenna/Martin and felt Cooper was a good fit.

• 25 Sep 2024, 10:16 a.m.

They are quite trigger happy on there though. They turned on Rodgers after the 4-1 in the cup and, as far as I can tell, wanted him out from then when it took their board another 15 months. And they wanted Maresca out as soon as results started getting a bit dodgy in the last third of last season.

There does seem to be a consensus they are mid-table team held back by a shit manager but, as a supporter of a, hopefully, midtable team, I'd take one or two of Ndidi, Winks or Skipp and maybe the goalkeeper and that's it. Vardy is still their main starting striker FFS.

• 25 Sep 2024, 11 a.m.

They are third from bottom.

• 25 Sep 2024, 11:02 a.m.

This is true. They all loved him end of last season though. Even talks of the playoffs!

• 25 Sep 2024, 11:10 a.m.

No idea why he took this job, they have a worse squad than when they got relegated. He seemed to want to remain PL at any cost, but if he had the chance of a Sunderland or a Burnley they would have been a much better fit. Arguably a couple of months there shouldn't kill his reputation given his success in every season prior to that, but I can't see a PL job he gets at this stage. I think he made a big mistake this summer sadly.

• 25 Sep 2024, 11:34 a.m.

I agree. I think Leicester made a mistake appointing him as well. Never seemed a good fit for either of them,

• 25 Sep 2024, 12:01 p.m.

I wondered if it was largely a geographical decision for Cooper, in that he seems to like living around here and presumably his family is settled. I got the impression that's why Leicester was an attractive proposition, notwithstanding the PL element, rather than uprooting them to live in the Ribble Valley or north east.