• 3 Feb 2024, 6:27 p.m.

They'll beat Derby. Us at home, if nothing else.

• 3 Feb 2024, 7:01 p.m.

Hoping he's out a while. Him and Eze are their main players.

• 3 Feb 2024, 7:05 p.m.

That's not right, when I stated at the beginning of the season that they weren't very good and overly reliant on Eze I was told in no uncertain terms that Hodgson is an excellent manager with a squad full of players good enough to have them nowhere near the relegation zone.

• 3 Feb 2024, 7:10 p.m.

All of which is currently true, what with them being over 20% clear of the relegation zone?

• 3 Feb 2024, 7:17 p.m.

They are over reliant on Eze and Olise, their recent form is crap because the rest of their players aren't good enough, Hodgson is anything but an excellent manager now. So no, it isn't currently true at all. They might well stay up because of deductions to us and Everton, but they're a shit team and Hodgson is a shit manager and they're amply proving both.

• 3 Feb 2024, 7:29 p.m.

Shaggers disappointingly have moved into an auto spot, albeit only 1 point ahead of Bolton who have two games in hand and 3 ahead of Posh who have one game in hand. L1 needs to start getting its shit together if they want to keep Derby down there.

• 3 Feb 2024, 7:29 p.m.

What is it that's so shit about Roy Hodgson, that you have insight on, that has escaped the attention of employers in football for most of half a century?

They have crippling injuries...but they have two decent keepers, Mitchel, Guehi, Andersen, Olise, Eze, Eduoard. A nice strong spine to the side. Better than anything you'll see get relegated. Better than ours.

if 20+% isn't clear of relegation trouble, what is? Give me a number.

• 3 Feb 2024, 7:37 p.m.

Hodgson has been a good manager in the past, but now he is not.

I'll grant you that their keepers are decent. Guehi is OK but inconsistent and prone to a rick, Doucure is good. Most of the rest is chopped liver, if that spine was so good then they'd be fine right now - the crippling injuries you're talking about are to the two players that they are overdependent on. Yes, take Morgan and Taiwo out of our team and we're deeply weakened as well, but we're in our second season in the Premier League and no one is making any kind of argument that we're good.

It's definitely not "better than anything you'll see get relegated", at all. Two of the three relegated teams last year had stronger teams than that, but were woefully mismanaged. Swap their keepers with ours and I'll take our squad all day long over theirs.

Your 20% is actually 5 points, 4 if Everton's appeal is successful. It's a 2 game swing with almost half the season to go and two of the four teams below that matter in much better form than them. Brentford are 2 behind with 2 games in hand, Luton and Forest are 4 behind with 1 in hand. They could very quickly be in trouble.

• 3 Feb 2024, 7:43 p.m.

Don't prevaricate. Give me a number (you might wish to consider that 20% clear of relegation at the end of last season would have placed a team just above the Europa League winners).

So Hodgson is a shit manager because, in your judgement, he's outperforming managers with better squads?

• 3 Feb 2024, 7:50 p.m.

OK. After the same number of games last season Leicester were 33% clear of 18th, so 1 point more than that to the next team that didn't get relegated (coincidentally Palace) can, using your daft metric, serve as the cutoff point to determine safety from relegation. So, 39%.

• 3 Feb 2024, 7:56 p.m.

Last season that would have you finishing 11th. Just ahead of Crystal Palace! currently it would place you twelfth.

In my judgement you are erring on the idiotic side of caution.

• 4 Feb 2024, 12:46 a.m.

Stop fucking arguing. The problem is that teams below us keep picking up points to the point that Luton are now above us unless we give the Muff a good kicking.

This is concerning because both Burnley and Ever=notso-gone got points when they didn't deserve it. That is worrying because when we don't deserve it we never get anything.

Palace are struggling for certain. Bentford are an Ivan Toney away from Disaster and Everton are jammy scouse cnuts. Luton are going to survive through pure will more than anything else. Forest need to pull their fucking finger out and start to get some fucking results or this bickering means nothing.

Chicago: Points make prizes!

• 4 Feb 2024, 6:22 p.m.

Allison has been taking lessons from Matt Turner, it seems.

• 4 Feb 2024, 6:45 p.m.

Allison is arguably the best goalkeeper in the world.

They all make mistakes. It's nuts to think that they don't/wont.

• 4 Feb 2024, 7:55 p.m.

And as I mentioned after the Forest/ Arse game Allison is prone to howlers. He went full on Handsy today. One terrible miskick and one through his legs worse than Turner I think because he knew Troussard had no choice but to shoot.

Chicago: Mystic Meg.