• 1 Dec 2023, 2:26 a.m.

My top 5 songs were:

Die On A Rope - Distillers
    Halo - Machine Head
    Deutschland - Rammstein
    When The Contagion Is You - Jasta ft Matt Heafy
    Duality - Slipknot

All of those are on my gym playlist so that would explain why they featured so much. Excellent choices all of them though.

Top 5 most played artists were:

Slipknot
    Bruce Springsteen
    Queens Of The Stone Age
    In Flames
    NOBRO

Quite proud of how I've managed to span genres there - alternative metal, rock and roll, stoner rock, melodic death metal, and garage punk. I am a model of eclecticism.

• 1 Dec 2023, 5:12 a.m.

You weren't there man*, you weren't there.

*assuming you identify as a man, apologies if not.

• 1 Dec 2023, 5:27 a.m.

My top 5 artists are The National, Radiohead, Jose Gonzales, Bon Iver, and Sun Kil Moon.

Very strong ‘Moody blokes with guitars’ vibes there.

Or, alternatively, ‘stuff I listen to at work’ vibes, which does rather bias towards ‘comfortable’.

• 1 Dec 2023, 6:10 a.m.

5-10, just for Russ:

Halo
    I Want Your Love
    All Fired Up
    I Love It
    We Didn't Start the Fire

Top Genre: New Wave Pop

Top 5 artists:
    OCS
    Stereophonics
    Embrace
    Cold Chisel
    Bryan Adams

I'll make an effort to listen to more Shina Twain next year, I promise.

• 1 Dec 2023, 8:57 a.m.

Top artists were

1) Sleaford Mods
    2) Tim Reaper
    3) Dub Pistols
    4) Bog Shed
    5) Modeselektor

4 of the top 5 songs were Sleaford Mods.

I like Sleaford Mods.

• 1 Dec 2023, 9:08 a.m.

1) Born slippy
    2) You've lost that loving feeling
    3) Just can't get enough
    4) Freed from desire
    5) Born slippy remix

• 1 Dec 2023, 12:02 p.m.

Top Artists:

Olivia Rodrigo
    The Lathums
    The National
    Arcade Fire
    Gang of Youths

Top Songs:
    Vampire - Olivia Rodrigo
    The Sunshine - Manchester Orchestra - (Bit odd, can't even think what this one sounds like, or why I may have played it so often!)
    Keep the Car Running - Arcade Fire - (Didn't think I had played this for years!)
    Bros - Wolf Alice
    Comin' Through - War on Drugs

• 1 Dec 2023, 7:49 p.m.

I haven't used Spotify much this year and anyway - I share Mrs Rave's account so the results would be skewed. Instead I appear to have spent my lengthy convalescence attempting to complete Youtube. A brief scroll through my history suggests my 5 most watched / listened to are

More Than This - 10000 Maniacs / Mary Ramsey
    Don't Dream It's Over - Sixpence None The Richer (yes, they did a cover of it)
    Let The Wind Blow - Dar Williams
    Prelude and Yodel live at the Royal Festival Hall - Penguin Cafe Orchestra
    It Never Rains In Southern California - Albert Hammond

• 1 Dec 2023, 8:11 p.m.

This is like an AI design to trigger my tweephobia.

• 1 Dec 2023, 8:49 p.m.

Well I have been listening to the Blues, Southern Gospel, 60's/70's Motown, reggae, All different forms of rock/metal, folk music, 80's British pop and EDM. So I am spanning as much as I can which I am enjoying. My current saved list is now 190,000 songs. Spotify have no idea what I like and are just making things up. Also that electronic DJ feature they have is the most annoying thing I have ever heard. Leave me alone you algorithm cunt face!

Chicago: Rocker by nature, Curator of Culture.

• Squad
    1 Dec 2023, 10:30 p.m.

I don’t use Spotify. My top whatever list would be a load of rave gabber shit and the TESD podcast.

• 1 Dec 2023, 10:36 p.m.

Peasant.

Chicago: Lording it up.

• 5 Dec 2023, 5:31 p.m.

Thought I'd been Whamageddoned already yesterday while shopping, but on closer listen it was a cover version.

• 7 Dec 2023, 3:06 a.m.

Bloc Party are doing a one off gig at Crystal Palace next summer to celebrate 20 years of Silent Alarm. One of my very favourite albums ever - it's in that rare pantheon of albums without a single weak song.

• 7 Dec 2023, 10:17 a.m.

That made me think...what's on your list (I suspect it's rather personal)? Albums were typically in part experimental, part filler....so an album doesn't become a bad one because of a weak track...but when there isn't one, it's quite something.

I have some I normally put in that category...but on different days I'm also flexible about what is a weak track (to allow in things like Kings of the Wild Frontier, and Parallel Lines).

• 7 Dec 2023, 11:31 a.m.

Wait, what is the weak track on that masterpiece?