• 18 Mar 2024, 7:57 a.m.

This was mostly 'shit' which gets a bit of a hammering in our house anyway so I ran with it, although I wasn't expecting quite as many. I like how Prime rate these movies, it had 3 dots out of five for drinking, smoking and drugs but 0 for positive role models. Stephanie runs a fucking animal shelter, Newton Crosby PHD is trying to save a robot that is alive and Jonny 5 only wants input and deplores dissemble of any kind.

• 18 Mar 2024, 7:57 a.m.

That's some spooky timing. Ten seconds before reading your message my 5 year old was watching a Numberblocks episode inspired by Back To The Future - and I was pondering whether she'd be up for the full film sometime soon.

• 18 Mar 2024, 8:18 a.m.

I was watching a Peppa Pig episode with a The Italian Job reference in it yesterday. I bet the writers we're well proud of themselves when they cooked up that classic.

• 18 Mar 2024, 9:22 a.m.

I'd just not seen the first film for a very long time and forgotten the swearing and the opening scene where a bunch of machine gun-wielding Libyan terrorists are chasing Doc around a car park before he gets shot.

From memory, Little Miss BW asked me to switch it off the first time (probably as I was already reaching for the remote) but she absolutely loved it a few years later. All kids are different obviously so you'd need to decide whether you felt it was suitable for Little Miss Shady or not.

A number of Little Miss BW's friends (10 and 11-year-olds) have already seen a few things that we know she wouldn't want to watch yet. Stranger Things, for example.

• 27 Mar 2024, 11:38 a.m.

Poor Things is a wild ride. I enjoyed it but I can see why many wouldn't / didn't.

• 27 Mar 2024, 11:47 a.m.

Didn't really work for me but I can see why others would like it.

• 27 Mar 2024, 10:06 p.m.

I felt the same way. Really enjoyed it and found it far funnier than expected. Can’t see it being for everyone though.

• 27 Mar 2024, 10:31 p.m.

I MUST PUNCH THAT BABY

• 27 Mar 2024, 11 p.m.

Stone is quite the comedic actor, as is Ruffalo, it seems.

• 28 Mar 2024, 3:29 a.m.

It’s weird and full of filth. So, yeah, not gonna work for a lot of people. Obviously I thought it was great. All the leads were ace and stuff like this getting made and promoted and lauded is exactly what I want to see in the age of a suffocatingly safe and corporate Hollywood.

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:54 p.m.

Yeah peado babies love it. Baby brain in adult woman. Very horny. Great performances by ruffalo and stone but I found it boring and if you look underneath it’s very very disturbing. The director should probably be arrested. His argument I am sure would be that it’s a female Feminist empowering Frankenstein.

It’s telling that I got through all of the new Roadhouse film which is the dumbest things I have ever seen but it was so dumb it was almost entertaining in a A-team king of way and couldn’t get through Poor things. Turned it off after an hour.

Oh well..

Chicago: Clearly dead inside.

• 28 Mar 2024, 1:17 p.m.

I think it's very difficult - impossible, even - for you to make any kind of sensible statement as to the director's intention when you didn't even watch half of the movie. The remaining hour and 20 minutes that you didn't see is pretty essential to the story.

Spoiler: it's not about making you horny, it's about men and how they deal with women.

• 28 Mar 2024, 1:59 p.m.

I am totally aware of what it’s about but it was disturbing enough to make me not want to watch it anymore. And it didn’t arouse me one little bit. I might go back to it but it didn’t keep my interest. My wife felt the same way.

Chicago: Moving on.

• 28 Mar 2024, 2:23 p.m.

Again, it wasn't supposed to. I don't know why you stated "peado [sic] babies love it", or even what that's supposed to mean.

• 28 Mar 2024, 6:54 p.m.

This. I read that sentence, didn't know wtf you were on about Chicago, but it seemed pretty weird and wrong.

• 28 Mar 2024, 7:13 p.m.

Just like the first hour of the film. Now you are getting it!

Chicago: Currently watching cartoons.