• 2 Feb 2024, 8:41 a.m.

Which reminds me I need to watch Sideways again

• 2 Feb 2024, 8:53 a.m.

Is that the one about some sort of Napa valley road trip? If so, I loved it.

• 2 Feb 2024, 9:19 a.m.

That’s the one (wine tasting). Very good.

• 2 Feb 2024, 12:36 p.m.

this will be people. I think we have established that the majority of people are the wrong sort of cunts.

• 2 Feb 2024, 1:54 p.m.

Deep Fear on Netflix falls into this exact category. Truly dreadful but somehow had to keep watching - no idea why.

• 2 Feb 2024, 2 p.m.

You know in Netflix, there is that button to 'Add to my list' ? Well I regularly use it to keep a track of things I'd like to watch ....then every time I turn Netflix on I forget about the list. Well no more my friends. I'm going to work my way through it. I've just (well last night) started 'Beasts of No Nation'. Managed 30 minutes before falling asleep, but I'll continue later. It's started well (though a pretty horrific story).

• 2 Feb 2024, 2:23 p.m.

The general rule of thumb for me has been that on Netflix, the films (movies, oops) are shite but the 'box sets' can be pretty good.

That said, we watched Fair Play the other night featuring Eddie Marsan (good in everything he's ever done but sporting a very ropey American accent in this - thankfully it didn't disturb me too much).
    If I was marking this script as homework I'd have written - 'very good but see me', because I'd want to ask them if it was necessary to go down THAT route for the ending.
    It particularly angered 'er indoors but she also conceded that it was a fine film (movie).

• 2 Feb 2024, 3:54 p.m.

By way of annual tradition, I have added the Oscar nominated movies that I haven't yet seen and have an interest in seeing to my watchlist with the intent to get them seen prior to the ceremony at the end of the month. This means my February list includes:

• Killers Of The Flower Moon
    • Past Lives
    • Anatomy Of A Fall
    • Rustin
    • Nyad

I'm also interested in Poor Things and American Fiction but they aren't streaming, and I refuse to go to the cinema.

I have no interest in Maestro, The Zone Of Interest or The Color Purple.

• 2 Feb 2024, 4:12 p.m.

I'd like to see Killers of the Flower Moon but really can't be arsed to sit through 3 and a half hours at the cinema so will wait for it to hit Netflix and watch it in 2 or 3 sittings

• 2 Feb 2024, 4:16 p.m.

I had no idea there had been a remake of the color purple. What conceivably could the idea of that be?

• 2 Feb 2024, 4:36 p.m.

I've only seen one review but it was good, it's apparently a musical. On multiple levels it's not for me.

• 2 Feb 2024, 4:37 p.m.

Apparently The Colour Purple is a musical now like the new Mean Girls, As If we haven't suffered enough.

Killers Of The Flower Moon is excellent and I had no problem with the length time because I was watching it at home with margaritas in hand. Maestro even drinking I couldn't get through 10 minutes of that pretentious shit.

Anatomy Of A Fall I have heard is a top notch film. Should be available in a few weeks. Heard Nothing about when Poor Things is out but I would like to see that one too especially as Emma Stone is out of her mind in that film. In a good way...

Chicago: Trying to find time to relax

• 2 Feb 2024, 9:49 p.m.

I feel like I should watch Killers the Flower Moon but don’t when I’d get around to it. I never got around to the Irishman. I don’t give a flying one about the Oscars but there’s a few of those films I want to see.
    I’m interested in Zone of Interest because (and I realize I may be way off base, I avoid reading too much about films before I see them) I like films that ask uncomfortable questions, particularly ones about the banality of evil.
    Also Sexy Beast was great and Under the Skin was flawed but fascinating (Scarjo in the altogether an obvious plus).

• Squad
    3 Feb 2024, 10:14 a.m.
  • 3 Feb 2024, 10:56 a.m.

There we go then, I rest my case.