• 27 Aug 2023, 4:23 p.m.

Interestingly Alexis McCallister had his red card overturned when his red was way more obvious than Joe. Thank god the Premier League isn’t bent…

Chicago: controversial.

I think we have pre-conceived notions about players based on what they have done before. Also their debuts. Remember last season with Taiwo? He couldn’t stay on his feet then bang… Turner seems better to me than what I feared. I also believe he is a decent character. This love for Henderson is interesting because yes he had passun and saved penalties but he let in some long shots that shocked me. Also his kicking was utter wank.

• 27 Aug 2023, 4:24 p.m.

Agree. I think it’s probably uncontroversial to say that Worrall isn’t up to holding a defence together at this level. But he showed over a run of games last season that he’s certainly a serviceable player at this level with the right players around him. I’m less convinced by McKenna but if we’re short of bodies I’d rather have someone with his history and attitude than another mercenary that might be gone in 6 months.

• 27 Aug 2023, 4:26 p.m.

I want Worrall to be good enough for the reasons you say, and you are right that he has improved a bit. I just get a sort of feeling sorry for him feeling with him more often than I'd like as you can see how hard he tries and what it means to him, and he's so wide-eyed and good natured. Not quite a dog who it's been decided should be put down and it breaks your heart, but in that direction. I don't know if he will make it, I hope he will continue to improve and my doubts will come back to haunt me but I'm not confident.

• 27 Aug 2023, 4:29 p.m.

I think part of the sustained Cooper critique on referees and this Marianakis thing is can skew decision making in your favour because the officials read what is said about them and tbeir colleagues and it puts doubt in their minds when they make their future decisions. The top managers have been doing this for years: Mourinho, Wenger, Fergie, Conte, Tuchel, Pep. Mourinho took it to another level and has influenced a lot who followed.

• 27 Aug 2023, 4:33 p.m.

He was fucking fantastic against Arsenal in the winning game last season.

Joe has some gaffes but he is decent. His lack of pace is a concern though. Hopefully this addressed with Niakate and Murillo and possibly Taylor hardwood Bellis.

Of course when Felipe has knees he is fucking rapid (sorry ham sandwich (rip Emmanuel)…

Chicago: Speed demon.

• 27 Aug 2023, 5:40 p.m.

Yes, but it’s a false comparison;. Joe wasn't sent off for a dangerous tackle, which MacAllister was; it was for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

• 27 Aug 2023, 5:45 p.m.

Also why not a favourable comparison? A red card is a red card. Both straight reds. He (Joe) fell over. They tangled legs. Don’t you have to show intent? It was harsh.

Anyway, we will see if Forest appeal.

I also think Forest are putting it out there to get more favourable decisions later in the season. It’s a smart move if that is why we are doing it.

• 27 Aug 2023, 5:46 p.m.

Incidentally, suspensions for red cards apply across competitions, so Worrall is suspended for Wednesday, which he probably wouldn’t have played in anyway.

• 27 Aug 2023, 5:48 p.m.

You keep saying this despite being told why you're wrong. The tangle of legs was not why VAR didn't overturn, the shirt pull was.

The red card is not getting overturned on review and I doubt we even ask them to look at it.

• 27 Aug 2023, 5:50 p.m.

Is Murillo ready to step in? (Assuming work visas still aren’t a problem)..

How many centre backs do we have left?

I think our young youth star might get a game for this league cup.

Might be fun if there is any coverage.

Chicago: Always up for something new.

• 27 Aug 2023, 5:54 p.m.

Hasn’t officially signed yet and was on the bench for Corinthians yesterday. So I’m going to say “no”.

• 27 Aug 2023, 6:16 p.m.

Yeah one problem with this. You are not the authority on what is right and wrong. In fact most of the time you are talking utter pish. I just watched it numerous times I don’t see a definitive pull on the jersey at all. Boly was also in the scene. Soft….

Anyway moving on… looking forward to watching Zach Abbott play on Wednesday.

Chicago: Going on a cup run.

• 27 Aug 2023, 6:44 p.m.

There are none so blind as those that will not see. This is as good a quality image as I could be bothered to try and grab from yesterday's recording, but Worrall clearly has a handful of shorts in his left hand which is why Fernandes falls over a second after Joe goes down - if it was a tangle of legs they'd have gone down at the same time. Joe's complete lack of reaction to the card suggests he knows full well that he pulled Fernandes down.

i.imgur.com/0d5AzfY.png
    There. Is. No. Big. Club. Bias. Big clubs have better players who get caught out of position less often and do fewer rash things. It's as simple as that.

• 27 Aug 2023, 6:52 p.m.

I think things like he allocation of prize money from European competitions is one example of the bias towards big clubs staying big.

• 27 Aug 2023, 6:54 p.m.

Agreed and furthermore no point in appealing when the suspension is served Wednesday night.

• 27 Aug 2023, 6:54 p.m.

Yes of course, I'm talking specifically about refereeing decisions.