search
Sign in
  • chevron_right Threads
  • label Tech

Lineageos 20

tricky
10 Jun 2023
chat_bubble_outline 8
  • link
    tricky
    Board 8828 posts
    10 Jun 2023, 5:16 p.m. 10 Jun 2023, 5:16 p.m.
    link

    I've upgraded my poco f3 to android 13 through this route. Apart from the fingerprint settings not surviving a reboot, it's looking like a significant upgrade.

    Could have gone in a mundane tech thread, but I was not sufficiently far sighted to create one.

  • link
    Jake
    Squad 2558 posts
    22 Aug 2024, 11:33 p.m. 22 Aug 2024, 11:33 p.m.
    link

    Do mobile banking apps work on this?

  • link
    tricky
    Board 8828 posts
    23 Aug 2024, 12:29 a.m. 23 Aug 2024, 12:29 a.m.
    link

    Depends. How you setting it up.... with gapps and Google play services (definite yes), or with microg and spoofed GPS (definite maybe)?

    Jake likes this.

    favorite 1

  • link
    Ingo
    Squad 3294 posts
    23 Aug 2024, 6:53 a.m. 23 Aug 2024, 6:53 a.m.
    link

    For those of a less tech persuasion: I''ve just checked, we haven't resigned Jessie.

    JRs_Cigarette, Sean, Simon and 1 other user like this.

    favorite 4

  • link
    Mangetout
    Squad 3143 posts
    21 Sep 2026, 5:38 p.m. 21 Sep 2026, 5:38 p.m.
    link
    @tricky has written:

    I've upgraded my poco f3 to android 13 through this route. Apart from the fingerprint settings not surviving a reboot, it's looking like a significant upgrade.

    Could have gone in a mundane tech thread, but I was not sufficiently far sighted to create one.

    I have upgraded my old Poco F1 to Android 15 using LineageOS and it was far from straightforward, due to Xiaomi's rather defensive posture on unlocking bootloader, and also because that is not working at all with Ryzen PCs which is a real confusion to my simple brain.
    I do feel like a tech wizard now though. Which is nice.
    I was going to do the same with Mme's old P30 Pro, but it turns out they can't be bootload unlocked at all.

  • link
    tricky
    Board 8828 posts
    21 Sep 2026, 7:17 p.m. 21 Sep 2026, 7:17 p.m.
    link

    ...this is good work. I have a poco f5 that I need to unlock...not easy. The two f3's and the f4 are fine though.

    Mangetout likes this.

    favorite 1

  • link
    RC
    Squad 1898 posts
    21 Sep 2026, 8:08 p.m. 21 Sep 2026, 8:08 p.m.
    link

    Sounds like they’re going loco…

  • link
    Psychobel
    Squad 1347 posts
    21 Sep 2026, 10:37 p.m. 21 Sep 2026, 10:37 p.m.
    link
    @RC has written:

    Sounds like they’re going loco…

    Dare I ask whereabouts?

  • link
    tricky
    Board 8828 posts
    21 Sep 2026, 10:39 p.m. 21 Sep 2026, 10:39 p.m.
    link

    Clacton.

    None of your foreign muck.

arrow_upward Go to top
  • Return to Home
  • Turnstile
  • Turdle
  • Talkdash
  • Terms of service
The Daily Cut and Thrust at trentend.uk powered by misago