• 11 Feb 2024, 9:59 a.m.

I thought we were broadly OK but the manner of the Toon goals is a real concern. They're the sort teams concede when they're going down, and the potential points deduction makes the situation fairly grim. Lots of work to be done.

Fair few positives too but we're nowhere near good enough to gift-wrap goals to the opposition in that way.

• 11 Feb 2024, 10:03 a.m.

One. A corner at Arsenal.

• 11 Feb 2024, 10:38 a.m.

Sens beat Leafs 5-3 if that helps the debate at all.

• 11 Feb 2024, 10:57 a.m.

Fwiw, while it wasn't as clearcut, I thought the Elanga penalty shout in the first half was more giveable than sky reckoned.

Firstly, they made great play of the fact he was already falling when Gordon shoved him, but the reason he was falling was be was knocked off balance by Burn. Second, isn't a two handed shove to the ground on a player already falling violent conduct?

• 11 Feb 2024, 12:01 p.m.

Tbf, we could have a penalty most corners we had. One Yates was wrestled to the floor, another Niakhate’s shirt was nearly ripped off his back.
    I find Elanga is so frustrating. He gives the ball away so much. Decision making is terrible and he just gifts possession to the opposition so many times. He has decent goal/assist stats, but could and should offer so much more.
    Ref was frustrating too. Most of the fouls v Yates in the first half were the softest of touches and Guinaraes just threw himself to the floor and it was given. Second half ref stopped giving the soft contacts that he had earlier (not sure who had a word at HT, maybe some Greeks?).
    More consistent refereeing and we’d have won that.
    Mad Sels, apart from the early push around the post, seemed to do his best Ody impression.

• 11 Feb 2024, 12:03 p.m.

Elanga wouldn't be playing for us if he wasn't frustrating as you describe

• 11 Feb 2024, 12:41 p.m.

The Greeks weren’t there.

• 11 Feb 2024, 12:58 p.m.

Owner and his clown of a son might not have been, but plenty of others connected to them were.

• 11 Feb 2024, 1:14 p.m.

He speaks highly of you too.

• 11 Feb 2024, 1:19 p.m.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Ditto CHO (who I thought had his best game for us so far yesterday).

We’re hard to weigh up. In possession we’re playing like a decent mid-table team. We have goals in us (plenty) and are always threatening.

Out of possession we look like a team heading for the trap door. We can’t hold our concentration for long periods and almost every defensive player is prone to silly errors.

I don’t expect us to win many more games this season (because of our defence) and am therefore looking to our rivals to be marginally more shit and leaky than us.

It’ll be a close run thing, and a points deduction probably kills us.

• 11 Feb 2024, 8:46 p.m.

I've not verified but just seen post saying our xG yesterday was 1.5, Newcastle's was 0.59.

• 11 Feb 2024, 8:52 p.m.

Perhaps the xG algorithm doesn't take into account chances against our defence?

• 11 Feb 2024, 10:03 p.m.

MOTD had 1.38 to 0.5.

• 12 Feb 2024, 3:10 a.m.

I feel for Nuno, he has been left with a lot of shite. Even our new goalie doesn't impress me as at stopper and don't get me started on Yates who can only kick players not the ball. I unfortunately watched the game in Sea Houses Social Club in North Sunderland, the place as you would expect was full of screaming Geordies. I spoke to a few after and their comments worried me. They and I thought they were poor so what does that say about Forest. I as usual being negative think we are down even without the points deduction. We have either drawn or lost most of our winnable games. Everton, Burnley, Luton, Brentford, Bournemouth and I could go on.

• 12 Feb 2024, 3:15 a.m.

No need to worry Donny. We have been assured that the squad is great. We will start battering teams soon, no doubt.