• 10 Feb 2024, 7:51 p.m.

Perhaps. But certain decisions are pored over by VAR. That was a penalty. It would have been given against us.

• 10 Feb 2024, 7:57 p.m.

I never expected us to get it.
    I would've expected Salah or Rashford to get it (although they would've probably scored rather than miscontrolled).

• 10 Feb 2024, 8:09 p.m.

I think that's probably key. Taiwo never had the ball under control and it's arguable whether he'd have reached it had the keeper not impeded him. I'm far less upset about the decision than many seem to be, I don't think there's enough there to overrule the initial decision.

• 10 Feb 2024, 8:09 p.m.

I actually went to this one, which is rare these days. Thought the ref was good, including not giving silly falling over fouls to either side. Deeply frustrating game though for Forest. We didn't deserve to win or lose, neither did they, but they walked away with the points because of 3 goals that they didn't really seem to work to get. I thought CHO was more convincing and confident driving forwards and taking on a man than I have seen him up to now, so that's the positive.

• 10 Feb 2024, 8:10 p.m.

I also thought Dominguez and Morgan were very good. Full backs were both frustrating.

• 10 Feb 2024, 8:15 p.m.

I thought the push on Taiwo was a foul - without it he’d have got a shot off - but those slight pushes are never given and I fully expected VAR to uphold the decision.

I also thought Trippier handled it in the box earlier in the game (inadvertently, but his hands were away from his body blah blah blah) but quite frankly, I genuinely don’t know what handball is anymore and I don’t think I really know what constitutes a foul either.

So basically, I don’t even know why I’m commenting. Fuck it.

• 10 Feb 2024, 8:28 p.m.

Pleased I didn't trek all the way up to Nottingham again.

Most on here are confident we won't go down I think so can someone tell me why?

I thought we would be ok but the points deduction would relegate us. Now I don't even think we will survive even if we get a fine.

• 10 Feb 2024, 8:45 p.m.

Yep. We've won 5/24 and we probably need to win at least 5/14. Don't see it at all.

• 10 Feb 2024, 8:49 p.m.

I still think we'd be fine with a fine. The three promoted teams are just so bad. Which is the frustration. This was our chance to reestablish ourselves and be looking at Leeds, Leicester and Southampton with a degree of confidence. Even if we bounce back up, we'll be favourites to go straight back, because that's how it works.

• 10 Feb 2024, 8:50 p.m.

I do. I don't think we're all that far off being a decent team. I'm not saying we'll do it, but I think we've got it in us.

• 10 Feb 2024, 9:05 p.m.

Christmas is traditional.

• 10 Feb 2024, 9:17 p.m.

I agree with this in as far as I think without a points deduction we would be fine and I still think we're a better side than we were last season in a worse league. The front 4 in particular are premier league quality attackers and on their day and when fit good enough to score against any defence.

I doubt we're good enough to survive if we get 10 points deducted though.

• 10 Feb 2024, 9:24 p.m.

We give away too many goals to be a decent team. How's that getting fixed?

• 10 Feb 2024, 9:30 p.m.

Well last week it was when Niakhate gets back. This week it's Aina.

The depressing thing for me is it's nailed on that we will drop like a stone through the Championship.

Marinakis has no idea how to run a football club the big fat Greek cunt.

• 10 Feb 2024, 9:54 p.m.

I think it's probably tweaks rather than upheavals. The set piece problem is mainly coaching, and also not giving so many of them away. I'd also like to think that Sangare will help provide protection and a better outlet ball than Dominguez and Yates, but I don't have evidence that he will other than at 30M he bloody should.