• 26 Feb 2024, 7:42 a.m.

Sort of on the same subject, Hodge seemed a little puzzled, and maybe even slightly irritated, when Fray failed to quiz the manager after the game about the left-back selection and how that impacted on the first half.

Especially so because the two of them had discussed it at some length in the commentary and Hodge had even said it would be interesting to understand Nuno's thinking in the post-match chat.

When David Jackson asked Hodge straight after Fray's interview for his thoughts on what was said, he replied quite abruptly that he'd not learned anything from his answers and mentioned again it would have been good to hear what Nuno believed went wrong at the start (which Fray didn't get into at any point).

Strange because Fray's really good but it was hard not to see where Hodge was coming from. The post-match interview, on this occasion, was a bit of a waste of time for all involved.

• 26 Feb 2024, 7:42 a.m.

One is perhaps writing articles based on sources providing information. The other is writing articles based on what sources ask to be written. Allegedly once more of course.

• 26 Feb 2024, 7:58 a.m.

I get the impression that Fray is still a bit wary of Nuno and doesn't want to piss him off.

• 26 Feb 2024, 8:03 a.m.

Agreed

• 26 Feb 2024, 8:04 a.m.

I also noted this. Because he seemed annoyed at Nuno. When I was sat at home thinking, well honestly that's the fault of the interviewer, your colleague, more than Nuno.

• 26 Feb 2024, 8:13 a.m.

Maybe, but it's his job unfortunately - and it wasn't an unreasonable or unexpected question. Nuno would have been anticipating it, but, if not, someone in his press team certainly would have flagged.

• 26 Feb 2024, 8:27 a.m.

Unless the press team is there to make the press part of the team. Bakery wise?

As far as I can tell Nuno has given the same post match press conference every match. "We need to work, to get on the training ground and work. Thank you to the fans, they gave amazing support". You could send a hologram out.

Don't get me wrong, Cooper was a very modern marketing manager. ... but there was a lot more openness, honesty, and actually addressing raised issues, in pressers with him. And questions were asked. Which seems not to be a thing any more.

• 26 Feb 2024, 8:32 a.m.

Indeed. Used to enjoy Coopers interviews Nunos are barely worth listening to.

• 26 Feb 2024, 10:03 a.m.

I miss Steve.

• 26 Feb 2024, 10:45 a.m.

Within our family with 5 season cards there's a definite waning of interest in going.

A driver is definitely the trains being permanently dreadful.

But also the losing pretty much every week, which is similar to last season but without the novelty and the backs to the wall fighting to stay up spirit we had then. This is worsened by the impending points deduction looming over us.

All leads to a what's the point feeling.

Not sure if we are alone in this, maybe travelling from nearer means it's less of a chore even if the other factors are still present.

• 26 Feb 2024, 11:03 a.m.

Now the novelty has gone, not winning very often takes a toll.

I've seen Leicester fans wax lyrical (well, as lyrical as they can) about the purity of the championship and the lack of VAR, real football, more competitive etc. It's all bollocks because they don't want to admit winning 25 times (so far) in a season is more enjoyable than 9 times.

• 26 Feb 2024, 11:18 a.m.

Far from me to be charitable to Leicester fans but it does depend what you are in it for.

Last seasons plucky underdog on a mission masked the constant noise and shit that comes with the premier league. Strip that out and what are you reduced to? A tourist hoping to see the big name players. VAR is probably the worst thing but using the financial restraints to protect the status quo runs it close, it's utterly pointless. Remove the human story we had with Steve and replace that with your bog standard rent-a-dullard and what is left to enjoy?

• 26 Feb 2024, 11:55 a.m.

I really like being in the Premier League and would very much like the club to remain in it. I like the spotlight on the club, I like playing against and occasionally beating the best in the world, I like us signing players who could very well be world class talents, I like the continued progression. I have no desire to see us go back to playing shit like Blackpool and Rotherham and Millwall.

• 26 Feb 2024, 12:05 p.m.

This is still me. I'm also old fashioned enough that I enjoy Forest being on Match of the Day. But I think that's partly because I can rationalise we're going to win less, so enjoy those wins as much as you can. Beating ManU and West Ham doesn't really compare to Swansea and Peterborough.

• 26 Feb 2024, 12:10 p.m.

I get both points of view. Yes, I want to stay in the top league because, as Russ says, it's great to see us taking on the best sides and players. But if we do go down, I'll enjoy the Championship for what it is and hopefully see a few more victories. It's a win-win, really. I'm way too old to stop being a Forest fan now so will appreciate whatever comes our way.

The possible points deduction is a real bastard though. It's definitely affecting the mood at the ground because nobody knows where we truly are or what's required for survival. I imagine the uncertainty is unsettling all the teams down there, not just us and Everton. I have no idea why it's all taking so long.

• 26 Feb 2024, 12:48 p.m.

The timetable for our case has an initial verdict being given in early April, so there's some time (and 5 or 6 more games) before we can even expect to know what it might be.

Everton's initial verdict (for 2019-2022) was November 17th but having taken 3.5 months from then to not announcing an appeal verdict yet, they are apparently going to wrap up both 2020-2023 cases in less than 6 weeks.