• 19 Dec 2023, 10:42 a.m.

It's a cracking day to run a Forest message board for you then.

• 19 Dec 2023, 10:45 a.m.

Maybe now we can get back to biscuits and figuring out the best way to punch a load of five-year-olds.

• 19 Dec 2023, 10:46 a.m.

....you could see it that way. Or you could think that there are real tangible benefits (time and money) to giving it up?

Hold on. You're changing the rules? Now!?

• 19 Dec 2023, 10:50 a.m.

Oh oh oh I know this! Madri, lots of it!

• 19 Dec 2023, 10:56 a.m.

Maybe try some non league.

I now watch my local step 4 side (same level as Carlton Town but different region) and am off to an away game in Cambridge tonight. There will be less than 200 there and about 20 away fans but it’s enjoyable.

But even then, as we are top of the league and have a good budget the other clubs (well Corby) moan about us spending.

However I still get the buzz for Forest.

• 19 Dec 2023, 11:25 a.m.

So do I. I get a buzz when I drive past a house that I used to live at, and hear about people that I used to know.

I don't want to go back to the life that I had then, even if I could.

I watch football all over the place. If I hear a kids game playing I'll wander over to see what they've got. I continue to be interested in the actions that happen within a football game. I am not interested in following a high level football club because the narrative arcs that were my motivation for that following no longer happen in the club that I have an interest in.

• 19 Dec 2023, 11:50 a.m.

I have my A-League season ticket, but it’s shit and I don’t give a fuck. I just like having a scheduled reason to go out and do something on my own for a few hours every couple of weeks.

Since Thomas Lam left Melbourne City after last season, I’m down to knowing the name of one player. Forest continue to matter.. how much will depend on how things go. I’ll miss SSC, I miss Brennan, but I want to see how Danilo, Yates, Murillo, Taiwo and a few other get along. Plenty of potential to keep it all interesting. Were a long way from being as profoundly disappointing as we were pre SSC.

• 19 Dec 2023, 11:55 a.m.

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege and an honour.

For those of you who support the change, I hope that you're right.

In good news, I'm going to get some more sleep on Saturday nights.

• 19 Dec 2023, noon

You'll miss the 10 wins in a. Row that are coming. Willy Boly as centre forward. Heard it hear first (and last).

• 19 Dec 2023, 12:09 p.m.

It's better to have loved and have lost than to have listened to an album by ONJ.

• 19 Dec 2023, 12:16 p.m.

If this is true and SSC is no more, I'll be sad and disappoointed but really grateful for the last two years which have been among the best in all my almost 60 years of watching Forest. In that time, I've seen loads of owners, managers and players come and go. A few I've fallen in love with, but I'm a fickle bastard and once they're gone I'll move onto the next love affair. Ian Story-Moore became Brian Clough became Nigel Doughty became Stuart Pearce became Stan Collymore became (long gap) Sabri and then SSC.

Forest is a rich man's plaything and rich men gonna do what they do. I'll come aloing for the ride though. I have no idea of whether or not sacking SSC is the right course of action. I'm an idiot fan, not an expert. And whoever of Nuno, SSC or somebody else entirely is on the touchline on Saturday he'll get my support, as (almost) always.

• 19 Dec 2023, 12:25 p.m.

This is about the same as my view, although I’m too young for Ian Storey-Moore, never loved ND or any owner and there were definitely a few who filled the gap between Stanley Victor and Sabri.

• 19 Dec 2023, 12:36 p.m.

The story is from the guardian running on the back of Fabs tweet last night. The guardian have never been first in anything Forest related.

The athletic says nuno is being considered along with others if Cooper is sacked.

It all seems a bit premature.

• 19 Dec 2023, 12:38 p.m.

Sensible. We are all idiot fans. We can have an opinion, but it's not likely to be 'correct', given that we are all wrong most of the time, and there are lots of unknowns. I just think it's a massive stretch to think that a collection of players that have never done it at this level, are suddenly going to be comfortably established in the division because Russ* off of the internet thinks that the players are brilliant. It's not that easy (particularly if squad weaknesses and injury impacts the ability to play in certain ways). I can't stop people doing stupid things, but when the owner appoints a new manager, who has to learn all the players again, and we buy a whole new set in january because it turns out that the ones we have weren't good enough after all, I wont be watching the ensuing car crash.

No doubt I shall be here defending the next manager, when everyone is trying to create an atmosphere to get him removed too soon again.

I shall be interested in how Cooper develops Crystals Pale arse, and wonder if it could have been us.

* I'm using 'Russ' in the sense of 'an everyman', and not having a dig.

• 19 Dec 2023, 1:18 p.m.

I have no view on this personally but Wolves fans are mightily pished off about it and having a coach that speaks Portuguese may have some benefits. On the other hand, I hear MGW and our soon to be coach may not be soul-mates.

• 19 Dec 2023, 1:30 p.m.

Maybe Nuno wants a bit of end product rather than a few flicks? MGW has been very disappointing this season.