• Squad
    24 Jul 2024, 9:28 a.m.

His electric gate was locked and wouldn’t open. (Think that was a real excuse for a player at some point)

• 24 Jul 2024, 9:29 a.m.

Isn't it that guy we had on loan? Who when at Fulham scored 4 against us? Can't recall his name now.

• 24 Jul 2024, 9:30 a.m.

Former Forest loanee Ross McCormack I think (unless I've made up his name and career, which is possible).

• 24 Jul 2024, 9:38 a.m.

Last seen rocking up in the A League. It would be easy enough to check but it's more fun not to.

• 24 Jul 2024, 9:55 a.m.

Ross McCormack. Ir Ross McBrokengates as he became known round these here parts.

I think we had him from Bruce's Villa after said incident.

If memory serves.

• 24 Jul 2024, 10:25 a.m.

Last seen rocking up for step 11 side Doncaster City last season - club signed Wes Hoolahan, Charlie Mulgrew, McCormack and Scott McLaughlin in the same week. Think they all played the next game and were never seen again.
    (The club is linked to agent Willie McKay)

• 24 Jul 2024, 11:10 a.m.

Eight places across the United Kingdom became cities as part of Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in 2022. These are Bangor, Colchester, Doncaster, Douglas, Dunfermline, Milton Keynes, Stanley and Wrexham.

• 24 Jul 2024, 12:02 p.m.

Well she’s dead now, so Donny can be kicked back down a rank or two.

• 24 Jul 2024, 1:22 p.m.

I think describing Stanley as “across the United Kingdom” is stretching a point; it’s 8,000 miles away.

Mind you, describing Donny as anything other than a shit-tip is stretching the language already, so a bit of geographical laxity is understandable.

• 24 Jul 2024, 1:27 p.m.

Is it possible that someone misheard, and the late Queen actually named these places as "Shitty"? Maybe sean* was doing the transcribing?

* Connery, not ours...although he was probably dead. Connery, that is, not ours. Carry on.

• 25 Jul 2024, 3:02 p.m.

Athletic says Yates had signed a new contract.

• 25 Jul 2024, 3:37 p.m.

Nearly 31 when that contract runs out. Good for him.

• 25 Jul 2024, 5:19 p.m.

John Percy
    @JPercyTelegraph
    ·
    17m
    News snippet from #nffc training camp in Murcia - summer signing Elliot Anderson training as normal today (double session) and is fully fit after coming off in the game against Millwall.

• 26 Jul 2024, 10:18 a.m.

Murillo's done a sit-down with Percy in The Telegraph. Can't read it because it's behind a paywall but the Twatter teaser includes a line about him being keen to stay another season at Forest because he values regular first-team football at this stage of his development.

• 26 Jul 2024, 10:28 a.m.

Cheapskate hack:

The Telegraph website loads slowly. Click a Percy link then put your phone into airplane mode quickly enough and it will load the story but not the paywall:

Nottingham Forest’s player of the season Murillo has declared his commitment to the club and is focused on staying for at least another year.

In an exclusive interview from Forest’s training camp in Murcia, £60-million rated Murillo has revealed his dream to eventually play in the Champions League after making a remarkable impact in English football.

Signed for just over £10 million from Corinthians last summer, the 22-year-old centre-back’s emergence last season has sparked interest from heavyweight clubs including Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur and Atletico Madrid.

Forest will demand a huge fee for the Brazilian if any clubs make offers, and are under no pressure to sell after last season’s points deduction for breaching financial rules.

Yet Murillo has delivered Forest a huge pre-season boost by insisting he is fully focused on completing another campaign at the City Ground.

“I need regular game-time and really feel that with Forest I’m in the best place for my career,” he said.

“Staying here for another season will enable me to mature as a player and eventually become better prepared if the chance ever comes to play at another level one day.

“Of course I want to eventually play in the Champions League. When I was growing up I’d play video games and play with all those teams.

“Whenever I hear that classic music before the games it moves me, and it would be a dream to play in that competition.

“But I’ve been focusing on my work here 100 per cent and I just want to do my best. Forest is a massive club in its own right and I feel good here.”

(There's more but it's all a bit blah.)