• Squad
    8 Jun 2024, 4:54 p.m.

Being pissed gets the death penalty? Harsh.

• 8 Jun 2024, 5:48 p.m.

Unfortunately not.

I had my far too infrequent day out on the beer last Saturday.

• 8 Jun 2024, 6:40 p.m.

Anyway, twitter tells me if he quits they can’t just pick someone to be PM and it would be the deputy, Oliver Dowden. Who I think is even worse than Sunak.

• 8 Jun 2024, 6:58 p.m.

That seems odd. Deputy prime minister isn't an official title

• 8 Jun 2024, 11:01 p.m.

Tories and Reform to merge, Farage in as leader of the Reformed Conservative Party.

• 9 Jun 2024, 5:17 p.m.

Sunak obviously thinks he still lives in the USA picking American Independence Day for a UK election. Russ will probably be along in a short while explaining that I should get with the times for being a little Englander and everything North American is cooler but he can fuck the fuck off as I want Britain to act like the European Country it is and find it’s own identity in the world again..

Has anyone talked about Brexit at all or is it still a radioactive subject with the thickie electorate?

Chicago: Eligible to vote.

• 9 Jun 2024, 5:36 p.m.

Radioactive. Only the minority parties bring it up.

• 9 Jun 2024, 5:48 p.m.

Eh what? You are the typical little Englander who moves abroad and then complains about how much better everything is in England, but what does that have to do with Sunak being a knob?

• 9 Jun 2024, 6:14 p.m.

Boris Johnson has been trying to play those hits but Sunak doesn't seem interested in boasting that they got Brexit done. For some reason.

• 9 Jun 2024, 6:21 p.m.

In answer to the Canadian Wookie,

I don’t believe I have once said that everything in England is better Than everywhere else. It’s a narrative that you have made up in your head. (Or for talkback which is more likey), If it were , would have moved back. I still have friends in the UK. (More so than over here) and family there so of course I care about how the country is doing. I also get great comfort from watching Forest and banter with mates who love football (even though they are fans of other clubs.) as well as more erudite conversations that I don’t get here. There are things I miss (pub culture, Cornish pasties, proper biscuits and good old fashioned scones with jam and cream. Decent chocolate bars. etc), but that is only human to want some things you like From time to time. I also love traveling and experiencing other cultures. It’s my favourite thing to do so and contrary to popular belief I tried to speak the native tongues of countries I am not too familiar with. Usually with Hilarous results. If that makes me a little Englander then so be it as I like where I am from and enjoy the occasional nostalgia trip.

So yeah, I like to stay in touch my roots and the election is important for my friends and family as far as I am concerned. And yes the conservatives have become and probably have been utterly horrendous for the country for a very long time. So, anyway if I come back it would be to Scotland as that seems to be more my speed. At least for the scenery and the pro EU stance. (Not the casual racism…).

Anyway, fuck off…

Chicago: Trying to stay up to date.

• 9 Jun 2024, 7:34 p.m.

I always think that people who imagine that living in scotchland is some sort of solution haven't factored in midges. Or scotsmen.

• Squad
    9 Jun 2024, 8:44 p.m.

Just spent a week in Scotland. Midges haven’t really got going yet. Still got bitten plenty despite the repellent. God knows what it’s like when they get bad.

They only bite though, it’s the ticks and the Lyme disease they can carry you need to be careful of. Dog had repellant on for our walks and was checked and washed in tick shampoo. Still pulled a wee bugger off her tho. Considered that a result. Someone I spoke to had to remove 30 ticks from their dog and a couple from themselves after a walk.

Full of wee bitey bastards up there.
    Beautiful though. But bitey.

• 9 Jun 2024, 11:02 p.m.

I think you just described my wife but I get your
    Point. Scotland in Autumn and winter good. Spring and Summer midgey hell.

Oh well, there go my dreams of living in a Scottish cottage with dogs and walking out every morning into the highlands to bellow; “get off my land!!”.

Chicago: Grump in Training.

• 13 Jun 2024, 10:09 a.m.

When did supermajorities become a thing? It's a long established principle that governments with any majority they can hold together can do whatever the fuck they want, which the tories have exploited to the full over 7 of the last 9 years. Seems a bit off to get squeamish about that once you are about to lose power.