• 2 Nov 2023, 9:36 p.m.

Just realised this game is at 9am Sunday for me. Mildly irritating as I will be in the car heading to NY and will at best be able to listen on Partridge, assuming I'm in a bit of upstate NY that actually has cell service. Chances of avoiding the score until I get home on Tuesday evening are slim but I might give it a go.

Not sure what my current record of watching / listening to a game while in another city / country is, but I think it's still pretty good. So that will help.

• 3 Nov 2023, 11:23 a.m.

Can't say I am optimistic about the game. Possibly due to having a banging hangover. beer made me think that smoking cigarettes was a good idea.

• 3 Nov 2023, 11:39 a.m.

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't had a drink in a week and I am also not optimistic about the game.

My line up for Sunday:

Vlachodimos

Worrall - Murillo - Niakhate

Aina - Yates - Sangare - Dominguez - Williams

Gibbs-White

Awoniyi

I'm not down on Turner and I don't think he's cost us anything we weren't losing anyway, but the Greek is apparently a pain in the arse about starting just as he was in Benfica, and Turner's cock up for the third against Liverpool provides the excuse to give him a game.

Three at the back because we're just more solid like that, Boly is dropped because I don't like him and because I think Watkins will turn him inside out.

Aina on the right because that's where he's best and because Aurier hasn't been great recently, Williams on the left because I like his attacking play and Niakhate has the pace to cover for him.

Yates back in because we need to assert ourselves in midfield, Mangala is unfortunate to be the one dropped but I want to see disruptive in the middle of the park which means I can only afford one playmaker and I love Dominguez.

MGW and Taiwo pick themselves.

• 3 Nov 2023, 11:45 a.m.

Is Taiwo fit to start? I was expecting him to be on the bench again.

• 3 Nov 2023, 11:47 a.m.

Played 20 minutes last week, so assuming no set backs I'm hoping we can at least get 60 from him this week. We're fucked if we can't.

• 3 Nov 2023, 12:03 p.m.

I'm persuaded by Russ' team and the reasoning. I would be pretty happy with that. I am also very worried we are going to get a spanking. I will be listening while dressed as SpiderMan.

• 3 Nov 2023, 12:15 p.m.

If we win you have to dress like that for the rest of the season.

• 3 Nov 2023, 12:20 p.m.

"Jim, do you have to?"

"I'm sorry, yes. We've won 8 in a row since I started wearing this."

"But we're going to a family wedding!"

"They'll understand."

• 3 Nov 2023, 12:38 p.m.

Oi, Spidermince - what's with the Fathers 4 Justice outfit? If you are going on the roof can you give the satellite dish a kick?

• 3 Nov 2023, 2:19 p.m.

Williams against Diaby sounds like a nightmare in the making. Boly is better than Worrall. Yates in for Sangare and keep Mangala. Taiwo starts.

It will be Aurier and Aina.

The Greek will probably play because of Turner’s total cock up but maybe just maybe when you moan at the manager you don’t play. (See Slaphead Shelvey and Bade)…

Chicago: All for team harmony.

• 3 Nov 2023, 3:03 p.m.

Boly is not better than Worrall. Boly is a bad footballer, which is why Wolves weren't interested in keeping him. Since he came into the team we haven't won.

He is a Championship centre half.

• 3 Nov 2023, 3:14 p.m.

Boly was excellent at Chelsea. Which we won.

• 3 Nov 2023, 3:16 p.m.

You can prove anything with facts.

• 3 Nov 2023, 3:43 p.m.

Why does Russ never get accused of trolling when he posts shite like that.

Boly has probably been our most consistent centre half since he signed, he's played 30 odd games in the championship and managed nearly 100 in the Premier league. He is not amazing but he makes far fewer mistakes and is a much better player than Worrall who really does not (yet and may never) look up to the level.

I would like to see Yates in the team though. And if Turner is dropped it shouldn't be because of one howler, it should be because he is consistently just not good enough and he is therefore prone to more howlers as well as less extreme incidents of shiteness which will lead to us conceding goals. And as for not costing us points, I agree he made no difference to the outcome on Saturday as we would have lost that even if we had four goalkeepers in goal but he has cost us points in other games e.g. see the Brentford game. I'm not even convinced he's a championship level keeper. (I may have mentioned that before sorry if I'm being a tedious twunt).

• 3 Nov 2023, 3:57 p.m.

Worrall was excellent at Chelsea. Which we won. My point, badly phrased though it was, is that since we've entered this bizarro "Boly good / Worrall bad" stage, we have been on a shit run.

Boly is a poor footballer. Big lump at the back to head everything is a sound approach in the Championship, but it's not enough at this level.