• 18 Jan 2024, 9:26 a.m.

CHO got clattered early in the second half and was down for a while. Continued but then went off 15 minutes later (looked Iike maybe a groin injury). Radio Nottingham said Danilo was limping off the pitch at the end as well.

EDIT: Murillo too

• 18 Jan 2024, 9:32 a.m.

At the start of last season, Henderson was letting in too many from outside the area but, looking back, he was probably just unlucky. Maybe Vlachimodos is just bad at saving shots, as well as lacking presence (I'm hoping the club has experts who know) but I don't understand how he's had a career if that's the case.

It's obvious that you'd swap both of them for Henderson or Navas or Samba but, based on what I've seen, I'd swap them for Lee Camp in his prime.

• Squad
    18 Jan 2024, 9:47 a.m.

How does Hennesey rate vs a Vlachamidothingy?

• 18 Jan 2024, 9:52 a.m.

He absolutely made some deft passes that no one else in the team last night was likely to make. Very impressive and everyone was saying how well he stood up to the physicality of the game.

• 18 Jan 2024, 10:03 a.m.

Based on the last few times we saw him for wales in the World Cup he was absolute gash. Back in Vlach and Poundshop Turner are both (gulp) upgrades

• 18 Jan 2024, 10:06 a.m.

Yes. He constantly and annoyingly hit the first man when crossing, however he is young and played positively. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him start on Saturday given the injuries and wouldn’t be against it either.

• 18 Jan 2024, 10:26 a.m.

Tbf, he wasn’t the only one. I thought most of our crossing/final balls were pretty gash. Couple of decent corners from Tavares and that was about it. When we did get it right we scored (first and third goals).

• 18 Jan 2024, 10:36 a.m.

Murillo was cramp according to Nuno. Hoping nothing serious.

• 18 Jan 2024, 12:56 p.m.

Watching the highlights on youtube and, despite the club's channel's insistance on putting adverts over the last bit of action, it's still pretty clear that their guy in the middle was playing Yates onside for our third goal.

• 18 Jan 2024, 1:28 p.m.

Aguilera looked to me like he was desperate to make an impression having finally got a chance. Needs to have some time in the team so that he can settle down a bit. Looks to have the basics so some grounds for optimism.

• 18 Jan 2024, 1:56 p.m.

Well I have to stay. Turner for me. Vlad the statue is something else. The second blackpoo goal was a slow motion train wreck and his footwork is sooooo slow.

For the first 30 minutes Chris wood didn’t get the ball. When he did he was tidy and brought others into the game. Brandon was decent when he came on but his last ball was a tad lacking but I don’t blame him for going full on Geddy when the goalkeeper was nowhere to be seen.

He should maybe play on the wing or the MGW role. The only scary thing is that our three most important players Elanga, Taiwo and MGW seem to be on the sidelines. I don’t see where the goals will come from against Bentford.

Having McKenna on to give Toney a wee kick wouldn’t be the worst idea.

Yes we scored three but if Wood doesn’t get the ball on Saturday it could be a long day.

Our defence is all over the shop but I did like odiwhatsit. Thought he was decent.

Yates does what Yates does. Everything but score. He makes us tick. Is it me or does Cho look slow? Pretty sure our Ryan outran him up the field numerous times. Pity… he was an outrageous talent at Chelski…

It was an entertaining game for all the wrong reasons but I thinking we need luck in this next game.

Chicago: Holding my breath.

• 18 Jan 2024, 2:05 p.m.

High level of agreement with Chic, for me. Murillo vs Toney in the air is a disaster waiting to happen. Wouldn't be against a three...the two starters yesterday, and the captain coming in tasked with trying to get inside Toney's shirt and boots for 90+ minutes. Wont be happening, obviously. I do like the on the ground, up at the half way line, that the two young lads bring. Playing that way we would need a warhorse to deal with their No. 9 around the box.

Still don't really think that we have a two that can get the job done...particularly with injuries and internationals....and the lack of quality cover in front in midfield.

• 18 Jan 2024, 2:38 p.m.

This is exactly what people seem to love Boly for, and yet one is considered a Championship player while they clamour for the other to start in the Premier League.

It isn't a coincidence that Boly's unavailability coincided with two excellent wins and solid defence against a pair of top half teams, IMO.

• 18 Jan 2024, 2:43 p.m.

You mean like the manager?