• 31 Dec 2023, 1:49 a.m.

Ah I see. OK, can we have him then please? Brazilians like it here.

• 31 Dec 2023, 2:15 a.m.

I’m willing to do business with any club who thinks Antony is worth 5 and a half Elangas.

• 31 Dec 2023, 2:57 a.m.

The best business

• 31 Dec 2023, 7:37 a.m.

How was the atmosphere? The TV I was watching on was on mute.

• 31 Dec 2023, 7:48 a.m.

Gary Neville made a similar point after the game on Sky. He said the price for Antony was ridiculous and effectively unfair on the player, i.e. he'd be viewed very differently if he'd been bought for the £25m he's perhaps worth rather than the £80m United spent.

He was even more scathing about Casemiro, saying that neither Real Madrid nor the player could quite believe that United were willing to spend £70m on him at wages of circa £400k a week.

It would suggest all is not well internally at the club when they value Antony at that level and academy graduate Elanga at the price they sold him for (on initial evidence in the latter's case).

Of course none of this is anything other than highly amusing.

• 31 Dec 2023, 8:43 a.m.

I thought it was excellent. Back to the best of last season.

• 31 Dec 2023, 8:57 a.m.

Also, Eva’s Grill went overboard with the fireworks afterwards, which was fun. Maybe they have a weekly standing order for fireworks and had loads in stock following the last four home games.

• 31 Dec 2023, 9:06 a.m.

Pretty much how I saw it through 7 pints.

It’s nice going into those games now knowing we aren’t going to just submit.

Yesterday evening at the WFCG was as good as any since our return to the PL.

• 31 Dec 2023, 9:17 a.m.
    check_box

Marked as best answer by 31 Dec 2023, 9:59 a.m..

We seem to be overlooking the dashing hero of the hour! That's 2 out of 2 for ode Ingo.

• 31 Dec 2023, 10:35 a.m.

I thought it was a great display and its an insult to say Man U were poor. The players played with freedom, desire and energy. No matter your views on Cooper we haven't had one game since promotion were we dominated even when winning the odd game. Cooper played with fear even against lower sides. He held players back especially MGW. Its obvious the players were not buying into his low block style. The difference in the players attitude and delivery isn't just new managers bounce its not letting them defend like rabbits in headlights and removing the fear of attacking.

Turner was shocking with his feet and could have led to us being punished a few times. Yes he did pull a few good saves off to compensate but every time the ball is at his feet your heart is in your mouth. I feel for him because at his age he is unlikely to improve that part of his game. I thought all our players looked well up for the game and I think its the only time at home I wasn't worried about defeat. I thought before the game at least a draw but was delighted to win. The football for a season and half has been dreadful to watch but by God the last two games have been a joy.

• 31 Dec 2023, 10:46 a.m.

It's not an insult to say that manure were poor. They were poor. It's just objective reality.

• 31 Dec 2023, 12:31 p.m.

How poor you look is a function of how the opposition play as much as anything else. The last two games we have been tactically impeccable against two sides with far greater playing resources than us who will likely end the season in the top 6, or thereabouts.

• 31 Dec 2023, 12:41 p.m.

What's that got to do with anything? Yes sides are in part poor because of the opposition do to them. It doesn't change the fact that anthony was wank, rashford had no idea how to get into the right areas, 'bruno' couldn't thread a pass, and they collectively couldn't defend.

They've been reassuringly shit all season. It's not just that every opponent has been great against them. For their resources, they are a poor team. Who once again played poorly. Forest also played well.

This is not a problem unless your head only works in polarised binary mode.

• 31 Dec 2023, 1:11 p.m.
  • 31 Dec 2023, 4:04 p.m.

We had joked before game if we won it'd be a mega display as they'd have loads to burn.. Didn't expect to find out at that point.