• 7 Mar 2023, 10:15 a.m.

The site admin panel is to be found at: admin panel.

You shouldn't be able to even load it, getting a "403 Forbidden" error instead.

Can you check for me please?

• 7 Mar 2023, 11:13 a.m.

Yeah 403 for me too (the nosey part of me now wants to see what admin can see though)

• 7 Mar 2023, 2:01 p.m.

Same. Also getting that when I use the link at the bottom of the page to open a trouble ticket.

• 7 Mar 2023, 2:32 p.m.

That's because it's not to open a support ticket.

The authorisation framework consists of two elements. There's turnstile, which on the basis of a user database (that holds username, email, password, group permissions, etc), performs the mechanism for authentication.

So turnstile is what lets you in.

The database that holds the required log in information, that turnstile interrogates to determine your permissions, I have chosen to call ticket. This is in order to extend to excruciating lengths the football metaphor (see also user groups). ticket is actually an ldap database, that holds the user data.

So ticket is what turnstile uses to determine whether you should be let in.

The reason that there is a link to ticket, is because with the correct permissions - ultimately stored in ticket itself, but authenticated against turnstile, and reverse_proxied on the basis of those permissions by caddy (not a switch to a golfing metaphor, but the actual name of the reverse_proxy software), it is possible to edit those details.

That means that there is a facility to change email address, and display name....there may also be support for storing a global avatar, which may or may not be used by some services.

Ultimately you will have access to ticket in order that you can make changes to your own profile information. turnstile allows a password reset, but this access to ticket would add the opportunity to update the email address used, or the display name.

Currently that option is not extended to ordinary users, because there is a sub-optimal behaviour (which is being worked on to resolve) which would allow for catastrofuckery. The intention is that it will be.

If you want to open a support ticket, you might wish to avail yourself of the tech support category. By opening a thread in there, I can quickly search for items that need support attention.

(I've added a Return to Home link in the footer...because I couldn't see any other easy way of returning from the bottom of a thread, to the main thread list.)