• 6 Mar 2023, 3:19 p.m.

Not the issue, because I can replicate the problem on desktop.

Curiously, I'm still logged in here. The issue is with Turnstile.

• 6 Mar 2023, 3:27 p.m.

Same error screen on both desktop and mobile.

• 6 Mar 2023, 3:40 p.m.

That happens because you have (inadvertantly, or advertantly) instigated a "lost my device" process. You have told the auth platform that you have lost your device, so it no longer accepts codes from the secret that you previously had....because you have told it that you haven't got it. So it is no longer something that you have.

Because you have your username, and email (as authoritative factor), the remedy is to:

1. choose Lost your device?
    2. turnstile will send a register device email to your registered email address.
    3. Register your authenticator as a device (you can delete the old entry) using this link.

you can now use the newly registered authenticator to generate a valid code that turnstile will accept.

You cannot register multiple devices with turnstile - but you can add (using the qrcode, or the secret) the details to multiple authenticators. The reason I use aegis and mauborgne is because I can register with aegis (on my phone), and later export the one time pad to mauborgne for use on the desktop. Aegis will also allow you to manually retrieve and copy the secret, and it will also display a qrcode to add to another authenticator that supports qrcodes. This is how to use multiple authenticators. Not trying to register them all in turnstile.

• 6 Mar 2023, 3:46 p.m.

It wasn't inadvertent. I did it last night and reinstigated Authenticator specifically because it wasn't working on mobile, so I reset the whole thing and scanned the new QR code.

Anyway, I just went through the process again and it is now functional on both devices, so thank you for that.

• 8 Mar 2023, 1:40 p.m.

Google Authenticator worked first time for me.

• bookmark

Thread has been pinned globally.

• bookmark_border

Thread has been pinned in category.