• 21 Jul 2023, 12:33 p.m.

I AM CHICAGO!

Anyway… thought I would get that out the way as I represent 12 million people out here..

As for transfers? Did I tell you I was moving house?

Wily Boly might be leaving? If that is the case are we getting a shiny shiny centre back?

Dunno.

Chicago: Busy Boy today.

• 21 Jul 2023, 12:38 p.m.

Hang on. We signed Danny Webber? It was Michael Stewart wasn't it?

• 21 Jul 2023, 12:44 p.m.

The current squad, as constituted, is a clear play to fight our way back into the bottom three.

Let's hope that something changes, and soon enough that we are not experimenting during the competitive game weeks. Again.

• 21 Jul 2023, 1:30 p.m.

I (not Pete) agree with this. I can't see us winning away, or what changes things on that front at the moment. And with Navas/Henderson, Lodi gone and potentially Niakhate out for a while with Surridge on the way we are significantly weaker than last season and we were only just good enough last season. Some of this will surely change though, but it's getting late and we may (on a far more micro level) lose out as a result of not having a more settled squad earlier. I was hoping for 3 or 4 high quality signings earlier in the close season, with holes filled. I suspect we will get hit over the head with a bunch of 7 or so players late on of the calibre we are currently being linked with and maybe even some after the season has started and some of them may be a bit panicked. But I could be wrong and a lot may come down to luck. I never expected Aurier to be so good and he seemed like a panic guy at the time.

• 21 Jul 2023, 1:31 p.m.

It was so bad Danny Webber was the big name we missed out on back then. We went from missing out on Baggio to missing out on Danny Webber.

• 21 Jul 2023, 2:29 p.m.

Fabrizio Romano:

• 21 Jul 2023, 2:52 p.m.

Wonder if the loan for Henderson is injury related or financial. Wouldn't think Man Utd would want to loan him again.

• 21 Jul 2023, 2:53 p.m.

I feel like all the J's are getting together and having a little party without me!
    I know quotes within quotes within quotes are not allowed, and nor is being disruptive but I couldn't help wanting to join in, so I'm posting for no reason other than to add another J into the mix :)
    (Won't do it again, just in a childish mood, and I do behave most of the time and even resist the urge to use emojis, which appears to be a line no one dares cross!)

• 21 Jul 2023, 2:55 p.m.

😂😂😂

• 21 Jul 2023, 3:16 p.m.

Even the negative Athletic say FFP isn’t that much of an issue yet. They were also suggesting we didn’t want to get stung with injuries again so I’d suggest injury related.

• 21 Jul 2023, 3:22 p.m.

I think it was loan and obligation to buy if he plays x games. Sounds more injury related to me.

• 21 Jul 2023, 3:30 p.m.

John Percy:

#nffc transfer news - Forest have agreed a £15m deal to sign Manchester United forward Anthony Elanga. Medical over this weekend. Elanga has rejected interest from Everton. Talks also advancing with #mufc over Dean Henderson deal. Report from Valencia

Edit, not sure why a cut and paste tweet is presenting like this.

...second edit by the overlord (not the greek one). See post below on this matter I have escaped the hashes for you. You can remove this note if you wish.

• 21 Jul 2023, 3:43 p.m.

I think Elanga is a wonderful signing. Very gifted, hard working and a nice lad. Hopefully doesn't mean we are selling Johnson.