Skip to main content
Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 540583 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's pleasing me today

Reply #6630
Sex Andy. It's always sex.

Reply #6631
 I think, technically, Sex Andy is what is making the Queens dying days miserable. That and the Tories, obvs.
This post does not consist of knowns. It does not even consist of known unknowns. It is, in fact, complete horsesh!t.

Reply #6632
Just received an invitation to take my citizenship test, which is the last hurdle before I get to actually be sworn in as a Canadian.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #6633
Do you get to choose your own swear word, for the swearin'?

Reply #6634
Do you get to choose your own swear word, for the swearin'?

My nearest center for the ceremony is Ottawa, the capital city, and I've long hoped I might be able to co-ordinate my citizenship with the big swearing in ceremony they do there every July 1st which is Canada Day - Canada Day in Ottawa is always a huge street party, and the ceremony on Canada Day is traditionally done by the Prime Minister. Who you may have seen in recent times has attracted a fair amount of fairly specific swearing, although given the chance I'd be far more likely to say "I'm so happy to finally have the opportunity to vote for you Mr Trudeau" than the rude sweary thing.

Reply #6635
Putting the rude into Trudeau.
Never underestimate the power of a lucky hoody.

Reply #6636
My nearest center for the ceremony is Ottawa, the capital city, and I've long hoped I might be able to co-ordinate my citizenship with the big swearing in ceremony they do there every July 1st which is Canada Day - Canada Day in Ottawa is always a huge street party, and the ceremony on Canada Day is traditionally done by the Prime Minister. Who you may have seen in recent times has attracted a fair amount of fairly specific swearing, although given the chance I'd be far more likely to say "I'm so happy to finally have the opportunity to vote for you Mr Trudeau" than the rude sweary thing.

I was invited (aka pulled out of a hat) to a special ‘Australia Day’ citizenship ceremony at the governors house but turned it down because Australia Day is a pretty divisive affair.. what with it being celebrated on the anniversary of the British turning up to do a genocide.

I presume Canada day commemorates something nicer like the first time someone got bummed by a Moose and apologised for it.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #6637
I was invited (aka pulled out of a hat) to a special ‘Australia Day’ citizenship ceremony at the governors house but turned it down because Australia Day is a pretty divisive affair.. what with it being celebrated on the anniversary of the British turning up to do a genocide.

I presume Canada day commemorates something nicer like the first time someone got bummed by a Moose and apologised for it.

The anniversary of Confederation, which is basically when Canada said "hey Britain, we're going to start running the shop on our own now but we'll let the monarchy continue to say they're in charge so we don't have to get all American shooty blasty throw tea in the sea on you, OK?"

Reply #6638
The anniversary of Confederation, which is basically when Canada said "hey Britain, we're going to start running the shop on our own now but we'll let the monarchy continue to say they're in charge so we don't have to get all American shooty blasty throw tea in the sea on you, OK?"

I think Australia federated on 1st Jan so they can’t have a National day for it because it’s already a public holiday… and most things that are commemorated here (war victims, horse races, the queen, genocide etc) are mainly done as an excuse for a public holiday.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #6640
Probably a little giddy from earlier (and fancying a couple of cold ones), I've sparked the barbecue for the first time this year. FA Cup final on the iPad nearby.

Reply #6641
I am continuing the never-ending dig for my pool while a rack of ribs is slowly cooking.

Reply #6644
He might be cooking the neighbour. Or part of her.
Never underestimate the power of a lucky hoody.