Skip to main content
Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 524170 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's pleasing me today

Reply #6645
Has the neighbour approved this work?

Funnily enough, she was out there while I was digging. It's very, very hot here right now (humidex was 37 today) and she was wearing very short shorts. It wasn't a nice thing to see.

She was at least pleasant to me though, so I think we're past her little moment. For now.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #6646
Funnily enough, she was out there while I was digging. It's very, very hot here right now (humidex was 37 today) and she was wearing very short shorts. It wasn't a nice thing to see.

She was at least pleasant to me though, so I think we're past her little moment. For now.

How's the garden gnome?

Reply #6647
I imagine he's a little sunburnt from all the digging

Reply #6648
Brice Samba
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #6649
Changing the punctuation in my calendar entry for 29 May, from Playoff Final? to Playoff Final!

Reply #6650
Octopus didn't send us an email at the end of our contract to say that the price was going up. So they are keeping us on the March 2021 rates for another year.

Reply #6651
Octopus didn't send us an email at the end of our contract to say that the price was going up. So they are keeping us on the March 2021 rates for another year.

That's quite a result.

Reply #6652
Especially as I wasn't aware they were supposed to. The email came out of the blue

Reply #6653
Change of government in Australia. This should please everyone who doesn’t want the world to die in a fire any time soon.. as the new one is literally sometimes opposed to that. Hurrah.

Reply #6654
Change of government in Australia. This should please everyone who doesn’t want the world to die in a fire any time soon.. as the new one is literally sometimes opposed to that. Hurrah.
Very much a "less coal" rather than "no coal" arrangement with this bunch, but a marked improvement.
I give credit to the fine folks at The Juice Media for some of the best political videos I've ever seen with excellent swearage. Sh!tfcukery indeed. Cool and normal.

Reply #6655
Went to the Beyond VanGogh experience as it’s in little old providence this week, if anyone has the chance to check it out, it’s worthwhile. Lasts an hour but we’ll done.

Reply #6656
Very much a "less coal" rather than "no coal" arrangement with this bunch, but a marked improvement.
Aye. Labour are merely ‘less bad’ on climate.. but there’s a good chance that they will be reliant on agreements with either the Greens or ‘Teal independents’, all of whom have solid climate mandates and will be able to gain some wins. Labour’s climate policies are hamstrung by fears about upsetting resource-reliant constituencies, as oppose to being a bunch of charlatans peddling climate denial for cash, so now they have plenty of cover to be better.

The ‘Teals’ are an interesting story, which may not get told much outside of Australia. The tldr is that a number of traditional and solid conservative seats have been taken by independents on climate action and integrity mandates. All the winners are, essentially, professional conservative women.. the losers are all Tory boys-club men.. the seats are affluent urban constituencies.. so it’s kinda like the Tories getting bitchslapped in the home counties. It’s a terrific repudiation of the blokey populism of Scott Morrison and an existential threat to his party. They have a very broad church that has kept them as the default governing party.. but it stretched too far and these independents gave people a better option than ‘hold your nose and vote Liberal’.

It turns out that if your leader marches into Parliament triumphantly waving a lump of coal, thinks ‘I don’t hold a hose mate’ is a good thing to say when people question his decision to go on holiday while the country is on fire, and has to check with his wife before he decides if rape is bad, there can be electoral consequences.

I give credit to the fine folks at The Juice Media for some of the best political videos I've ever seen with excellent swearage. Sh!tfcukery indeed. Cool and normal.
Love their work.

https://youtu.be/9RZSTx9khWw

Reply #6657
It's an ongoing question as to whether Australia is rejecting the coalition or just this particularly vile representation.

Reply #6658
It's an ongoing question as to whether Australia is rejecting the coalition or just this particularly vile representation.

I think it’s the latter.. but this current representation isn’t just some recent arrival or creation of Scott Morrison.. indeed, his elevation to leader shows just how bad things are all the way down.

If they can find their David Cameron then they will get power back pretty easily… but having burned Malcolm Turnbull at the stake they showed how inhospitable they are, institutionally, to that kind of figure. Things are so bad it’s odds on that Peter Dutton will be the next leader… a man even more despised than Morrison by the voters they have to now win back.

The only thing they have going for them is that Rupert Murdoch still holds and iron grip over so much of the editorial… and he’ll be dead soon.