Skip to main content
Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 540585 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's pleasing me today

Reply #6600
I've edited the items in my browser bookmarks toolbar so that most of them appear only as an icon with no accompanying text (to get as many bookmarks on the toolbar as possible). Talkback is simply the 'strawberry' icon now.

Reply #6601
I am reminded of the 2nd tier footballer with one of the greatest ever names: Nyron Nosworthy.

Reply #6602
Tit Friday.

Reply #6604
Danny Invincible wins for me. Not sure he ever made the second tier (or, indeed, isn’t just a figment of my imagination).

Reply #6605
More pleasing me yesterday, but skipped Forest v Swansea to go to Wimbledon and complete the 92 (bizarre little ground, felt a bit temporary, but friendly fans).
Bizarre game. Dons needed to win something like 7-0 to stay up. 3-0 down at half-time, booed off, absolutely terrible defending.
(Accrington's second particularly is a thing of beauty)
After half-time, two goals in two minutes made it 3-2, Stanley straight up the other end, 4-2, Dons reply again, 4-3. (four goals in 10 minutes), place was bouncing, but game then fizzled out. Ref let a lot go
First experience of rail seating. Not a fan.

Reply #6606
First experience of rail seating. Not a fan.

Interested in why that is. I figured it was broadly a good thing, although I don’t really know much about it.

Reply #6607
Interested in why that is. I figured it was broadly a good thing, although I don’t really know much about it.
I didn't feel I could actually sit. Sat down, the bar in front was always in your vision, while you couldn't lean back because the bar behind was an awkward height, so you were hunched over, with a bloke leaning over your head.
It's just 'safe' standing, with an allocated spot on a terrace. (which is nothing like the old terrace experience the people who advocate safe standing seem to be wanting back).

Reply #6608
Thought my free Kindle Unlimited trial expired this week. Turns out it's next month.

Reply #6609
Won $250 in a work raffle thing this morning.

Reply #6610
The company that owns your building will be delighted to hear this.
Never underestimate the power of a lucky hoody.

Reply #6611
That "Finish Early Fridays" start today for our company over the summer. I'm off to Topps Tiles to return some things, then for a run in Hyde Park I think.

Reply #6612
That "Finish Early Fridays" start today for our company over the summer. I'm off to Topps Tiles to return some things, then for a run in Hyde Park I think.

'POET'S day' for the name didn't get through the suggestion box then?

Reply #6613
'POET'S day' for the name didn't get through the suggestion box then?

I'm a big fan of POET'S day but isn't that reserved for people who use the freedom for going to the pub, not the tile warehouse.
Europe. It's happening.

Reply #6614
You're right. Early finishes are wasted on some people.