Skip to main content
Topic: The Real Mundane Moments not Ingos sh!t Copy (Read 1135885 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Real Mundane Moments not Ingos sh!t Copy

Reply #16530

People in Lincolnshire villages have often never before been anywhere except that same Lincolnshire village and are generally suspicious of and unfriendly to anyone who isn't also from that Lincolnshire village, cycling or otherwise.

And all the ones who cycled are either dead or moved to somewhere they could cycle without putting their lives on the line every day.

Reply #16531

People in Lincolnshire villages have often never before been anywhere except that same Lincolnshire village and are generally suspicious of and unfriendly to anyone who isn't also from that Lincolnshire village, cycling or otherwise.

100% this.

Reply #16532
One of the things that you don't learn until later on in a relationship (hopefully) is how each of you handles life's worst situations, and whether your approaches are compatible. And if they aren't, how can you make them so?

Mrs Russ has a friend from university days to whom she's very close, although they live several hours apart. Said friend has been complaining of a sore back for a few months, and finally it got so bad that she went to the ER as she was struggling to walk. After a couple of days of tests and observations, they've told her that she has a lot of melanoma lesions that are clustered round her spine, and that they have spread to her liver.

Mrs Russ is understandably very upset, and wants me to message this friend. But I hate not having the necessary knowledge in such situations so I know how to appropriately act. What's the prognosis? What treatments are they proposing? What does she need, now and in the longer term? Should we be dropping everything to be by her side right now? Do I have enough time to call John Cena? Is she going to live with this for years? None of this information has been provided or I assume requested, because all my wife has heard is CANCER and immediately gone into a tailspin. And unless I'm exceedingly careful in how I handle any conversations about this with her, I'm going to be considered the heartless b@stard.
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed.

Reply #16533
Ideally, the lack of compatibility itself… the ‘Your way of dealing with things is X, but my way is Y, and both of these are ok and we just have uk understand and accept each other etc etc’ is a conversation that you can have. Even in the hardest times. If that works out ok, everything else is easier.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #16534
Ideally, the lack of compatibility itself… the ‘Your way of dealing with things is X, but my way is Y, and both of these are ok and we just have uk understand and accept each other etc etc’ is a conversation that you can have. Even in the hardest times. If that works out ok, everything else is easier.

We've done this dance a few times before. In lighter situations my "innate desire to deal with things by fixing them" is a source of amusement, but when it's something serious and she's in a more highly strung emotional state she really doesn't want me to fix things, she wants me to reflect her level of emotion. Which just isn't my way, so I settle for being supportive of her being so.

Reply #16535
Ha. As a fellow fixer, I hear that. And, of course, as a fixer I struggle mightily with things that cannot be fixed.. generally I’ll just go and find something that CAN be fixed and deal with that instead. ‘What’s that, Mum’s got brain cancer? Well we should help her out by fixing those wonky shelves in her dining room’

Ms Noodle coached me quite well. She deals with the unfixable a lot, but is hyper-rational and good at talking.. I know when it is time (and that it is acceptable) to just agree that something is awful and nothing can be done, she knows that there are limits to the volume of unfixable that I can healthily deal with at any given time.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #16536
Managed to cycle from home to Wokingham town centre in 16 minutes. A personal best, and exactly the time forecast by Google maps.

Reply #16537
On Sunday went to my Brothers get together for his 60th, all family together minus a funeral. Went to Rancliffe Arms in Bunny. Really nice carvery a bit expensive at £17.50  but delicious food. Would definitely recommend it.

Reply #16538
Just had a fantastic meal at Steak and Stuff Restaurant. The best Restaurant on the Lincolnshire East Coast. Full Silver Service at reasonable prices.

Reply #16539
Is this 'donny' s diets'? This week I are been most eating eating etc? 
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #16542

That was the dime bar adscwith Harry Enfield wasn't it?

Damn, yes. Got that mixed up with The Fast Show.

Reply #16543
What does full silver service mean? I've heard the phrase obviously, being a child of the seventies, but it never occurred to me it was an actual thing in real restaurants.

Reply #16544
Were there any cheesy peas?
Tramadoled up to the eyeballs.