Skip to main content
Topic: Poll of the week (Read 2302 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Poll of the week

Reply #61
The players under Houghton had loads of tracksuits and condoms but were confused by his cheeses.

Oh no, that was Montanier.

Reply #62
We have a core of players that are not premiership quality. We have Lingard out for a stroll. I won't join the witch hunt on Johnson as I think he is the real deal surrounded by incompetence. Too many of they selected players cannot perform as Cooper wants.

So is it tactical ineptitude, or sh!t players? You said the same last season. I don't think that Johnson is the only one capable of playing to a Premiership standard. We had a team that looked pretty good against West Ham, Everton and Tottenham.

However, it is clearly difficult trying to find your right team and tactics in the best league in the world. We had no choice but to add to the squad and we spent a lot of money doing so. Tell me exactly what you would have done differently?

Reply #63
I'm going to Keyworth co-op later to see if he's about.
Europe. It's happening.

Reply #64
Well one thing I would have done differently is find it if Cooper will play the players we signed.

Reply #65
Which of the players we signed will Cooper not play?

Reply #66
Quite a few have hardly featured, a few cameo appearances.

Reply #67
Bloody Omar Richards

Reply #68
Well Bade and Biancone fit the description.

Reply #69
Well Bade and Biancone fit the description.

Biancone had a stinker at Notts in a pre-season game. No idea how much bearing that's had on his lack of appearances - he sounds like a potential RB in a 4 or a right-sided CB in a three (maybe more mobile than JW).

Reply #70
If Cooper was refusing to play the new players then I would have expected to see a lot more of Surridge instead of Taiwo, and it probably wouldn't have been a bad idea either.
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed.

Reply #71
Hang on.

Biancone and Bade don’t get.a game. He wouldn’t play Mbe Soh despite him looking half decent and he tried to drop Samba last season.

He clearly hates the French.

Reply #72
Hang on.

Biancone and Bade don’t get.a game. He wouldn’t play Mbe Soh despite him looking half decent and he tried to drop Samba last season.

He clearly hates the French.

Another positive for the Coops.

Reply #73
I can’t add much more useful insight to what’s already been said but (even though our owners may well think the opposite at the moment) I want us to stick with Cooper this season regardless.

Earning that right is always subjective so, as much as anything else, we’ve been ripping up plans almost every year for the last 23 years and have gotten lucky once. It’s unlikely it’ll happen again twice in little over a year.

The playing squad is (mostly) brand new. It’ll take longer to click but it will get better. A new manager will still have that problem

Cooper is new to the ‘ship (like he was new to the champ once.) he will get better.

Only think I wonder needs changing - Cooper, Reid and Tate are ‘ship rookies. Does that team need experience adding as much as the playing staff do?

I wouldn't recommend being a student to anyone.....
.......except to students

Reply #74
Why would the manager feature players who he thinks are less good than the players he's chosen?

Last season, he barely chose Alex Mighten or Gaten Bong. Did we think that was a conspiracy?