Skip to main content
Topic: Let's let the Looney Toons 'ave it! (Read 212 times) previous topic - next topic

Let's let the Looney Toons 'ave it!

I see no match thread & find that hard to believe given this is the start of a new reign of glory. Whatever; I've probably just missed it. I don't ever start threads but here goes.
When we squeaked into the First Division to commence our golden era in 1978 our first match was away to Everton (who had a team back then) & nobody gave us a bloody cat in hell's chance of a result that day. We won 1-3 & the rest is history.
So I'm going for a 0-1 result tomorrow.
You Reds!

Re: Let's let the Looney Toons 'ave it!

Reply #2
Really not sure what's going to happen today. Head says a 3-1 loss, but heart says an encouraging point and clean sheet.

Reply #3
Really not sure what's going to happen today. Head says a 3-1 loss, but heart says an encouraging point and clean sheet.
What are you doing up at 4.30 in the morning posting on the wrong prediction thread? Do you want it all to go wrong from the off?

Reply #4
What we really need is a Wordle thread to calm everyone's nerves.

Reply #5
What are you doing up at 4.30 in the morning posting on the wrong prediction thread? Do you want it all to go wrong from the off?

It doesn't matter how many prediction threads we have, who starts them, when they're started, or what format the title takes. It doesn't impact the result.

Stop creating unnecessary chains for ourselves.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #6
Is anyone tracking the relationship between results and the number of times Russ admonishes us for acting like prediction threads matter? His influence is probably benign, but it’s best to be sure.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #7
Is anyone tracking the relationship between results and the number of times Russ admonishes us for acting like prediction threads matter? His influence is probably benign, but it’s best to be sure.

He's probably just a tail event anyway.

Reply #8
Idiots!

Two prediction threads did us in today.  Nice one Gasman.

Jesus.  You think you would learn.  Also fcuk if shady for encouraging him!

Roll on the unhappy ‘Ammers.

Chicago: Ursurped. 
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #9
If we're going to accept the premise that match threads influence the result, then the overwhelming evidence is that yours are an epic failure. Let's not forget who swept us to promotion last season.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #10
Shhh smelly.

My positive winnertivity saved the day.  The team just has to believe.

Chicago: Creating the narrative.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #11
2 match day threads clearly part of the problem yesterday. We need to get our own house in order if we want to go anywhere in the premiership. Russ needs to stop laughing on twitter and get back on the case. He got us here, now he needs to keep us up!
Yes, I was forced into thick dumb tw@ttery.